Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picked up my RX300 SE- L yesterday. With Sussex grey interior, she looked beautiful.

Drove her back home and the mats are already filthy :unsure:

She is only a day old and the kids have only been in the back twice, on the school run.

Is there a secret way to keep these mats clean? Is there a special cover for them?

Any ideas (other than buying black mats that will completely throw the interior look of the car; not that filthy mats make it look any better....!)

sanpee

Picked up my RX300 SE- L yesterday.  With Sussex grey interior, she looked beautiful.

Drove her back home and the mats are already filthy :unsure:

She is only a day old and the kids have only been in the back twice, on the school run.

Is there a secret way to keep these mats clean?  Is there a special cover for them?

Any ideas (other than buying black mats that will completely throw the interior look of the car; not that filthy mats make it look any better....!)

sanpee

Get some of those blue plastic over shoes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the beige OEM mats in my car but for Winter I bought a set of black RX mats from eBay. It's either keep cleaning your mats buy a cheap set for Winter or cover the car in plastic! You could turn the back mat upside down if that one is getting the most stick.

:eerrrmm: mats protecting mats protecting carpet.

Personally work on the basis that once the mats are worn out or so dirty that they can no longer be cleaned I'll just replace them. Hopefully a few years use at least before that happens. At least the carpets are protected.

D

• 3 weeks later...

I've had the same problem, same colour interior and bought the black mats.......they look great and contrast nicely. They cost about the same as a meal for 4 at Claridges, but last slightly longer.

Enjoy car and stop looking at the dirt! :shifty: