Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello! (and Thanks)

Hello LOC (first post!),

I'm the new proud owner of an Astral Black 2001 "51" IS200 S - (I know, I know - sneer if you like: no sun roof, no leather, no LSD - but if you'd seen what I was driving before you'd understand why I was so happy! :blush: )

Anyway, I love the car to bits but I love this place too. My car was an ex fleet vehicle and still had the fleet company logo on the mats and the number plate. So far: thanks to the wisdom on this page, I have:-

-Replaced the mats with new slinky ones from Lexus (tasty!)

-Replaced the branded number plates with the some restrained but sexy plates from fancyplates (how do they do it at that price?!!? they must be using convicts!)

-Got a nice JDM dash tray off our very own Pete J.

-picked up a weeny teeny aerial from Germany on eBay

-swooped on an eBay auction of a shiny exhaust trim

Anyway, just wanted to thank you all (although my wife and my wallet probably don't) and ask one question: my next move is to lower -30mm and fit some 17 or 18 inch wheels on, question is: which order should that be done? Will the car look dafter/handle worse being lowered with silly 16 inch wheels or normal height with 18's?

thanks in advance

h

Glad that you are enjoying your car and the club. You will receive a lot of help on here.

Some of the the iS Guru's will be along shortly to give their expert advice and opinions on modding your car.

You won't be a LEXUS virgin for long!

Sorry I can't help as I drive a different model. If you are going to be doing a lot of mods then think about going GOLD it can save you a lot of money. You say that you have just bought OEM mats for your car. I saved £35 buying mine from LEXUS cos I was a GOLD member and the membership was only £25 so I was a tenner in front straight away.

Welcome to LOC

Terry

Yup - definitely mean to go gold asap - it's just that everytime I get the £25 free (in the process of starting own company so cash poor at the mo) someone comes on this forum and gives a pointer to some new must-have accessory for the Lex, and before you know it I've spent the money! :D

Welcome to the club Hando. I have recently saved over £30 on a service at Lexus Cardiff by being a Gold member so got my money back already. Deffo worth doing!!! Enjoy the car mate - they are the biz.

Happy Driving

:driving:

:shifty:

Hello LOC (first post!),

I'm the new proud owner of an Astral Black 2001 "51" IS200 S - (I know, I know - sneer if you like: no sun roof, no leather, no LSD - but if you'd seen what I was driving before you'd understand why I was so happy!  :blush:  )

Anyway, I love the car to bits but I love this place too. My car was an ex fleet vehicle and still had the fleet company logo on the mats and the number plate. So far: thanks to the wisdom on this page, I have:-

Welcome to the club!!!! Your car sounds alot like mine! I also have an ex-fleet astral black is200 s! what are the chances, didn't pick it up at auction by any chance did you????

Im not really worried about the sunroof etc.... the way i see it is that the s model is more rare :D not many people have them! and now i don't care about changing parts on the car!!!!!

Just got 18's about 2 weeks ago, really should post some pictures, and it does need lowering. i would get the wheels first before lowering it, that way most people wont know what model you have, unless they are a bit clued up :shifty:

Jason

Good tip - wheels first ;)

Didn't get it from an auction but from Cargiant (massive used car wharehouse thingy in White City) - but I bet they got it from an auction (it originally was a fleet vehicle in Edinburgh).

Nice things about the S is: we can go for 18" wheels of our choice - and have a spare set of "winter" 16"s for free! :D

Actually, Jason - yeah do please get those photos up when you get a chance - I see you've gone for the Kei Velocity's - which is what I was looking at. (Cor! looks like I'm building a clone of yours ;) )

Would love to see them on an Astral Black - do you know of anyone else in the garage with the same wheels?

h

IS200 S - (I know, I know - sneer if you like: no sun roof, no leather

Nothing wrong with having an S and saving a few pennies for the individual look that you want :D B)

yes, will get the pictures up in the next few days. i don't think anyone else has got the Kei velocity's, thats one of the main reason's i bought them!

they do look real nice though, i got them in the hyper black finish, so they are slightly darker than silver, but i think it matches the black better!!!!!

It looks slightly higher, so will have to lower it soon!!!!!

Really glad you like the Lexus, love mine to bits :D

Jason

Hi mate, welcome to LOC :)

You'll love the car, you don't need those toys anyway, it's fecking freezing so my sunroof hardly ever gets used and the leather just creases with age, be optimistic about these things :)

Personally mate I'd put the car on the bigger alloys before lowering, they will increase the overall ride height slightly so you can then reduce it down again with the lowering springs - will look mega :)

So does the frown on the face of my missus apparently (getting stern looks for having spent the morning lying in the street applying brasso to my tail pipe! :blush: )

Aido: cheers, yes: was thinking wheels first - need to get rid of the 16's asap. Money's tight at the mo. so some "proper" wheels would have to wait until after summer. Might see if I can scrimp something together and pick up a set of standard 5 spoke 17's when someone on here upgrades (seems to happen regularly.)

And don't get me wrong - no pessimisim here. My IS is the bestest car in the world. :D

thanks all

and the leather just creases with age

and there was me trying to work out what was happening to you !! :hehe:

Sorry Aido - once again I couldn't resist ... :lol:

Might see if I can scrimp something together and pick up a set of standard 5 spoke 17's when someone on here upgrades (seems to happen regularly.)

Well what do you know......let me see you have a Black IS and want some STD 17" wheels that will suit your car.

(nips to shed to have a look)...Like these maybe.... :whistling:

Make me an offer young man. :D

hi and welcome!

see u have found the bermani website - as u have the swiss car for ur avatar.

hope u find everyone helpful here i am sure u will any Q`s then feel free to ask we dont bte ( much LOL)

rob

Heh, yes - well spotted!

Soon to be replaced with an avatar piccie of my own IS as soon as I get a nice day to clean it - and maybe after I managed to get a bit more bling together :winky:

h