Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had My Car Stolen This Morning.

Ally

just been in touch with the insurance company. They reckon if everything is ok it will take up to 20 days to complete it. My complimentary hire care is only for 14.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:tsktsk:  gutted for you mate where abouts are you in the country is this just a southern thing?

I am in Congleton, which is about 10 miles north of you. Be careful.

Its getting worse a friend of mine lives in france and had his IS200 stolen from his home last week by two guys, one guy lured him around the back of the house the other stayed in there car, but he dident he went in the house found the lex keys then back to there car, 20 mins later the lex has gone.

These people have nervs of steel how did they know he was home alone.

They have to get the keys, so I was thinking of installing a hidden switch in the car some where stopping the car from starting even if they have the key.

any ideas on this guys???

Sorry to hear this Ally mate, how did they know the keys were there in the first place, had you any strangers at your door recently trying to sell c**p who might have seen them on the shelf???... glad you and the family are OK though :blush:

Tony.

:tsktsk:  gutted for you mate where abouts are you in the country is this just a southern thing?

I am in Congleton, which is about 10 miles north of you. Be careful.

Bloody hell thats a bit too close for comfort! think my keys are staying under my bed along with mr bat :winky:

sorry to hear this has happened to you .

but you see on the news in news paper's people you know have had this happen.

COME ON EVERYONE KEEP YOUR KEY'S AWAY FROM LETTER BOXES WINDOWS AND COMPLETLY OUT OF SIGHT.

i know people have used the same places for there keys for years but cars are harder to break into now and with most of our cars getting the keys are the only way the scum are going to get our cars.

help your self...

Why get a safe? when you can get a tracker.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...=rac++trackstar

'cos a safe won't fit through the letterbox!

i was thinking that this morning. I have changed back to UK now.

Good thinking - I'm going back to "Wales".

They have to get the keys, so I was thinking of installing a hidden switch in the car some where stopping the car from starting even if they have the key.

worth thinking about the prolex fingerprint immobiliser

I wouldn't want thieves trying to hack my finger off in order to steal the car! :shutit:

Just did a search on Google for "transponder immobiliser" and came up with the Microscan MI600. As long as you keep the transponder in your wallet or coat pocket your bunch of keys would be useless.

I then searched for "immobiliser gsm". Eventually found the AutoCate 800 GSM paging system - immobilise your car just by sending it a text message. Mmmm... nice!

Also came across this little beauty: the Autowatch 68Hi anti-hijack immobiliser.

Of course this is of no help to Ally - I hope it all works out well for you mate. Hopefully:-

Car will be retrieved in immaculate condition, or the insurance company will shell out full market value and you'll get one as good, or better, than the one that was nicked

Thieves get caught, the police handcuff them in a cell, let you in with pipe wrench in hand for five minutes of "stress relief"

Thieves eventually get 3-5 years

Unfortunately Carlsberg don't run a police force. But if they did, it would probably be the best police force in the world.

Oh man I can't believe this, I'm really sorry to hear bout this and believe me I know how you must be feeling right now. Hopefully it all gets sorted soon and as you've got GAP insurance, at least you're fully covered.

About getting a tracker, straight after my car got stolen, I was thinking I'm gonna get one first thing (and still might) but having thought about it more and more, its becoming a harder and harder decision to make. As my car's almost three years old now, and doesn't have GAP insurance, it doesn't really matter right now but if I was buying a new car, where would you put your money?

I think a tracker and GAP insurance cost roughly the same amount of money, but a tracker gets your same old car back that you don't know how badly its been treated by the f***ers who steal it, whereas GAP insurance gets you back exactly what you paid for your car when you bought it new. Considering all the hassle I'm going through now trying to get everything sorted now that the car's been recovered, it got me thinking as to which I'd prefer on the next car I bought.

What do you guys think?

:tsktsk: . Cant believe so many cars are being robbed. After Scarface's incident, I always lock my doors when I get in my car :unsure:

Nice selection of toys there eXOBeX

May have to investigate in more detail myself. :mat:

Ally, gutted for you like all the others. Hope your insurance company are sympathetic and quick. :angry: Maybe we should take a leaf out of the terrorist book and place a bloody great bomb in our cars with a detonator activated by a mobile phone call :lol: But with my luck lately I would get a wrong number call an the wat to the takeaway :crybaby:

Thanks for all the replies guys - i'm starting to cheer up a bit now. If the insurance money is the full whack, i need to make a big decision - buy another Lex and still have scum trying to take it, or do i buy a brand new boring dull crappy car. Will have a couple of weeks to make up my mind. :unsure:

Of course i wouldn't want to leave LOC :D

Thanks for all the replies guys - i'm starting to cheer up a bit now. If the insurance money is the full whack, i need to make a big decision - buy another Lex and still have scum trying to take it, or do i buy a brand new boring dull crappy car. Will have a couple of weeks to make up my mind.  :unsure:

Of course i wouldn't want to leave LOC  :D

Don't get a crappy car, because the scum wins ! :angry:

What happend to me .... did me a favour really ... when and got me an IS300 .... youv'e just got to be more vigilant next time mate, and take it as a lesson learnt !

Get Tracker on the next one ! :)

Sorry to hear about the car Ally, hope the insurance sort it out for you!!

I have installed the Clifford Concpet 600 in my car, had it done when the car jackings first came on the scene, it's agood feature, even tho if someone my car keys, they won't get far in the car, it'll start they move off, after 30 secs if the security code is not entered, the car will slolwy come to a stop n alarm will start blaring out!! and you will not be able to start the car untill the right code is entered!!

Will let you know i do slepp very well on a night.. lol -_- -_-

I think a group buy on one of these system would be a good option as they are cheaper than the tracker system. Cant go wrong at £60

I wouldn't want thieves trying to hack my finger off in order to steal the car! :shutit:

Just did a search on Google for "transponder immobiliser" and came up with the Microscan MI600. As long as you keep the transponder in your wallet or coat pocket your bunch of keys would be useless.

I then searched for "immobiliser gsm". Eventually found the AutoCate 800 GSM paging system - immobilise your car just by sending it a text message. Mmmm... nice!

Also came across this little beauty: the Autowatch 68Hi anti-hijack immobiliser.

Of course this is of no help to Ally - I hope it all works out well for you mate. Hopefully:-

Car will be retrieved in immaculate condition, or the insurance company will shell out full market value and you'll get one as good, or better, than the one that was nicked

Thieves get caught, the police handcuff them in a cell, let you in with pipe wrench in hand for five minutes of "stress relief"

Thieves eventually get 3-5 years

Unfortunately Carlsberg don't run a police force. But if they did, it would probably be the best police force in the world.