Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had My Car Stolen This Morning.

Ally

Folks,

Had my car stolen from my drive at 0245 this morning. The wife was woken up with a rattling noise from the hall. When we went to look there was a bamboo cane through the letter box on to the shelf we have above the radiator where we kept all the keys etc. Shouted at them then the guy scarpered. They must have already gotten my keys as my car was driven off straight away and the 2nd guy was getting in the passenger side. Phoned the police straight away and they came out about half an hour later. They reckoned if we hadn't caught them in the act, they could of had the wife's mx5 as well. Also there are a few BMWs and Mercs in the street, so he reckoned they were after the Lexus in particular.

Doing all the insurance stuff now. Luckily i took out the GAP insurance when i bought the car.

I think everyone need to be extra vigilant after what has happened to Scarface and other members recently, as it seems to be the car to steal at the moment. Also, don't leave your keys near your front door. I didn't think it would be possible as the shelf is a lot higher than the letter box. But these :tsktsk: will do anything it seems.

Absolutely gutted :crybaby:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have house keys on with your car keys make sure you get the locks changed. The dirty scrotes may come back.

Sorry for the loss of your car but glad that you and family are okay.

Thats terrible mate. Absolutely gutted for you.

At least you and the family are ok, thats the main thing

Hope everything sorts its self out. The amount of these getting stolen now is getting out of control.

Gutted to hear this mate, good you have GAP though, one thing I never had !!

Can you please PM me your full vehicle details, so I can add it to the LOS Thread.

Regards,

Bad news mate, sorry to hear this. I Feel for you, Id be gutted!

I suggest a LOC group buy of them Digital Safes. This is where my keys sleep. There not that there exspensive but this what I use and sleep easy at night. Can be fixed to wall or ground and mounting particulars are often included.

Express you're interests.

I suggest a LOC group buy of them Digital Safes. This is where my keys sleep. There not that there exspensive but this what I use and sleep easy at night. Can be fixed to wall or ground and mounting particulars are often included.

Why get a safe? when you can get a tracker.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...=rac++trackstar

I still can't beleive the lack of interest in the tracker systems ......... they are well worth it people. , anyway :blink:

Why get a safe? when you can get a tracker.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...=rac++trackstar

I still can't beleive the lack of interest in the tracker systems ......... they are well worth it people. , anyway :blink:

Possibly because the safe is about £20-30!! I know the tracker is a good idea and an excellent buy. Does a tracker reduce the Insurance premium?

Luckily nobody was hurt. We were just lucky they got away with one car and not two. Just hope the insurance goes well. I am just waiting for a phone call from the Stolen car advisor. Will need to wait and see what happens.

Mate....absolutely gutted for you!! These people seem to be going to any lengths....I pulled up at this petrol station near my house the other day, about 1am, it was shut but I need some cash from the ATM! Started thinking about Scarface's unfortunate experience and decided to drive off and wait till the morning!!

My Lex was a demo model when I bought it and as such had a tracker fitted as part of the demo goodies....my membership ran out recently, it only costs 90quid a year so I think i will renew it right away!! And yes trackers do lower your insurance!

Hope you get everything sorted soon Ally!! Best of luck mate!!

One of the cheapest options to stop the "letter box" stunt.

I have an outside mailbox srewed to the wall. The letterbox on the door has been sealed shut. I originally did it cos' the jack Russell used to eat everything that came through it. They are about £25 and a 5 minute

job to srew to the wall get some really fancy ones if the wife is picking em! Just another safeguard that is worth thinking about.

Do any of our police members know if having a modified car reduces the chance of it being stolen to order because of it being non-standard and also standing out more?

Do any of our police members know if having a modified car reduces the chance of it being stolen to order because of it being non-standard and also standing out more?

Being modded could be the reason for the theft.

It would work both ways I suppose. If they have the keys then youv'e had it unless TRACKER fitted. You are not going to stop a car jacking without risking personal injury. But keeping your car safe while it is unattended is a different matter.

1/ keep the keys safe

2/ Driveway security post

3/ Lighting on the driveway.

4/ Steering lock (visable)

On there own maybe not a great detterent but together they should put all but the most persistant thief off. I know it all costs money but what else can you do.

I would recommend machine gun posts and landmines but then you go to jail and he sues you!

Having a car hugley modified, could work either way .......... it probably wouldn't be stolen to order, as it's too distinctive.

However, it could just get stolen for a joy ride ................. :angry:

Ally - simply awful

:crybaby:

what the **** is happening?

whats with all the lexus being taken?

starting to get worried myself.

Possibly because the safe is about £20-30!! I know the tracker is a good idea and an excellent buy. Does a tracker reduce the Insurance premium?

a tracker can reduce your insurance premium

My Lex was a demo model when I bought it and as such had a tracker fitted as part of the demo goodies....my membership ran out recently, it only costs 90quid a year so I think i will renew it right away!!  And yes trackers do lower your insurance!

you can also buy a lifetime subscription mate - can work out cheaper.

I paid something £320 for a lifetime sub - and intend to have the car for 5 years - nice little saving

you can also buy a lifetime subscription mate - can work out cheaper.

I paid something £320 for a lifetime sub - and intend to have the car for 5 years - nice little saving.

ahhh I wasn't aware of that...thanks bud, i will definitely look into this!