Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel Bearing

hello there all,

Im needing my N/S/F wheel bearing replaced. Car has done 65k and its out of warrenty. arghhh.

I have had a quote from lexus and its coming out to be £298 fitted thas inc Discount.

Will any one know if i can get the acutall parts from some other supplier ie blue print or any one else.

Please let me know.

Jav

• 3 weeks later...

£298 - Lucky you !!

My 2000 IS200 is currently in Lexus Bracknell having the same bearing replaced, out of warranty also, at the bargain price of £380 :crying::angry:

They had better give it a dam good clean as well, especially after taking an hour & half to get there, + another hour to get back to High Wycombe again!!

A right pain esp. when you work for yourself.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Mind you, have got a nice Granite IS300 Sprotcross, do fancy one of them.

Cheers.

I got a noise that sounds like N/S/F wheel bearing.

checked it out with car on jack, no play and smooth as a baby's bum when you spin wheel. Asked local garage to check during service same result, all OK.

Still bugs me as garage reckon tyre noise, the owner runs an Evo VI and they know their stuff. Have had Eagle F1's since just after I got the car and I am sure that the noise is new! Waiting for a while to see what develops.

Anyway a bearing is a bearing and car manufacturers don't usually design for non standard ones espec for things like wheels bearings. So should be mass produced and cheap, try your local motor factor (not Halfords).

Fittting is a different matter, did a rear wheel bearing on a Sierra once that needed the hub nut torqued to 220 Lb/ft, torque wrench was about 3 feet long!

checked it out with car on jack, no play and smooth as a baby's bum when you spin wheel. Asked local garage to check during service same result, all OK.

Still bugs me as garage reckon tyre noise, the owner runs an Evo VI and they know their stuff. Have had Eagle F1's since just after I got the car and I am sure that the noise is new! Waiting for a while to see what develops.

Anyway a bearing is a bearing and car manufacturers don't usually design for non standard ones espec for things like wheels bearings. So should be mass produced and cheap, try your local motor factor (not Halfords).

Fittting is a different matter,  did a rear wheel bearing on a Sierra once that needed the hub nut torqued to 220 Lb/ft, torque wrench was about 3 feet long!

there wont be any play? best test is get the bearing hot ( short drive ) jack up the nsf hold the coil spring and spin the wheel if you can feel a rumble then the bearing is worn, if not move on...

Fittting is a different matter,  did a rear wheel bearing on a Sierra once that needed the hub nut torqued to 220 Lb/ft, torque wrench was about 3 feet long!

there wont be any play? best test is get the bearing hot ( short drive ) jack up the nsf hold the coil spring and spin the wheel if you can feel a rumble then the bearing is worn, if not move on...

Thats bout what I did but not holding the spring. Give it a try tommorrow