Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Personalised Registration Plate

Oswin

I'm selling my Lexus GS300 which bears the registration number LEX 1R. I don't know whether to try and sell the plate on the car or advertise the number on its own through the web dealers or on eBay, so thought I'd ask LOC members for their views and experiences.

If you want to sell the plate separately it costs £105 to put it onto a retention certificate but you need to allow time if you do it all by post it’ take's about 3 weeks, if you take your papers to a DVLA branch they will do the paperwork there and you can put your old plate back on but they will post the retention certificate to you should get it in about 2 weeks

Hope this helps

Ade

I'm selling my Lexus GS300 which bears the registration number LEX 1R.  I don't know whether to try and sell the plate on the car or advertise the number on its own through the web dealers or on ebay, so thought I'd ask LOC members for their views and experiences.

Have you thought about selling the number on privately once you have retained it?? I tried selling my private reg via brokers who promised the earth and a fistfull of cash but it never came to anything........drop me a line if you do decide to sell privately. :blink:

Are you buying another Lexus? If so you can transfer the reg to the new car for £80. If not follow Shorty's advice and place it on retansion until you sell it. :winky:

Yeah, I know and have been through the routine more times than I care to remember so no advice required ta very much. Oswin, if you wish to sell said plate privately pleeeeeze drop me a line? :hehe:

I sold a plate on eBay a couple of months ago. 1st time in, it got no bids, but second time around there was a lot more interest so don't dispair if it doesn't sell first time.

Didn't make a huge amount of money, but as it came on my car I wasn't bothered too much - Any money was a bonus!