Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhausts Too Good To Be True ?

In my constant search for bits and pieces to attach to my Mk 1 GS300 i have come across this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33636 (dunno if the link will work but u can paste it into a browser) now i know it is not the real thing as in a real apexi or HKS part but to my mind if it is manufactured in the same way with the same material spec and contains the same parts it should work the same. However when i see such a huge difference in price i automatically think whats wrong with it so if anyone has tried one with either positive or negative results i would be glad to hear or if there are any other comments

cheers

leg

i was hoping someone would come up with a good reason not to try these as i am still sitting on the fence :blink: i mean whats the worst case scenario if it all goes terribly wrong new back boxes ?

well i found some of these that were that cheap that i am not worried about losing the money. I am going to have them welded onto a seperate pipe and make a complete replacement for it (as we have the technology) so will let you know if its worked out or turned into a disaster :duh:

leg

well i found some of these that were that cheap that i am not worried about losing the money. I am going to have them welded onto a seperate pipe and make a complete replacement for it (as we have the technology) so will let you know if its worked out or turned into a disaster  :duh:

leg

Where else did you find these Leg?

I shouldn't mind giving them a try as I'm a welder/fabricator :whistling:

Tony.

if you click the link at the top of the thread on my first post that will taker you to them tony i hung around at silly o clock in the morning and managed to get 2 for roughly 50 quid they are up on the eBay.com under lexus mufflers and usually on buy it now for between 30-40 dollars each, if you give it a while though i will be able to let you know if its worth it

leg

if you click the link at the top of the thread on my first post that will taker you to them tony i hung around at silly o clock in the morning and managed to get 2 for roughly 50 quid they are up on the ebay.com under lexus mufflers and usually on buy it now for between 30-40 dollars each, if you give it a while though i will be able to let you know if its worth it

leg

OK mate.

What are they charging for shipping these to the UK, and do you know if you'll have to pay any taxes on top?

Tony.

think it works out about 25 quid a piece for shipping you will get import tax but you only pay the tax on what you pay for it so you will pay the tax on whatever you get it for for example i paid roughly 8 quid on something that cost me 90dollars the last time i bought something from the us however if you can get them to send it tagged as a gift voila no tax to pay

These are just universal mufflers which are produced in China.

No testing have been likely performed for the GS or Aristo, so performance will likely be worse than the original mufflers.

Also expect these to be very loud, a reduced torque at lower revs, and higher fuel consumption...

And ... also expect to see Civic ricers with the same backbox :lol:

come to think of it there must be an ideal exit pressure to give the best performance and ducting an exaust will not be a problem as you trim duct jet exhausts to provide the correct pressure on the turbine and exhaust temp so it must be feasible with these as well (although i may be getting a little ahead of myself :D )