Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cleaning Standard Is Exhaust

Hando

Hello all,

I just fitted a nice shiny trim to my exhaust - however the contrast between new&shiny and old&dirty can be seen from some angles, so I was thinking of giving the zorst a bit of a clean. Any tips/recommended products? And did I read on here somewhere that post 2001 models have stainless steel exhaust system throughout? (mine is post 2001)

thanks in advance

h

Hello all,

I just fitted a nice shiny trim to my exhaust - however the contrast between new&shiny and old&dirty can be seen from some angles, so I was thinking of giving the zorst a bit of a clean. Any tips/recommended products? And did I read on here somewhere that post 2001 models have stainless steel exhaust system throughout? (mine is post 2001)

thanks in advance

Hi, Solvol Autosol, wipe it on and wipe it off.......excellent. From Halfords and the like

:driving:

A quick rummage around under the sink has revealed one can of what looks like pre-war Brasso wadding.

That's me busy tomorrow morning then...  :whistling:

cheers all

Yeah.....Saturday morning polishing your tailpipe!!!! Blisssssssss!

Oh Matron!!!!!

If all else fails.....get yourself a new one!!!!! :blush:

Done! Much shinier. Seemed almost a shame to put the trim back on. Amazingly it isn't raining/snowing/sleeting - now, if I can just avoid the temptation to wash the car...again. :blush:

Sadly enough I had the same problem

I rubbed down the back of the box and sprayed it gloss black (using that Plasticote High Temp stuff)

The contrast between shiny tailpipe and the gloss, from the back, looks good.

A quick n' cheap mod !!