Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering Springs

Adrian Thomas

Hello to everyone!!

I have only just bought my Lexus and I was wondering if any one out there knows if there are lowering springs available?

I have spoken to numerous companies and they only list Eibach springs, but they are for 1997on, mines a 1995 "N"

I have just been on the TDi website and I think there are ones listed, but I'm unsure of the model number they are stating (JZS147/JZS161 respectively)

Which one would mine be?

Any information would be gladly appreciated.

Ade.. :driving:

have been looking around for some eisbach springs myself you can get loads in the us but i bet there is someone on here who knows where to get them the us ones do seem to run cheaper but i bet there is little saving when you consider the postage

Hello Mat.

Sweet Gs!!

I've managed to find a website that lists springs for the mark 1 Gs, they are Eibach and the part number is 8.24114e+006.

The website is Speedy performance parts. com.

Has anyone had any dealings with them?

Ade :driving:

Hello to you, Legendswraith,

You're probably right about shipping them in.

Everyone I spoke to on the phone today didn't have a clue! (obviously speaking to the wrong people!!!)

I thought shipping was my only option.

Ade.

Hi Adrian and welcome.

I have Eibach lowering springs on my 95 GS300.

Got them from TDIplc.

Great company and excellent service.

Springs are OK too, cost me about £180 about two years ago.

As colin says you need the ones for the JZS147 model.

Hello Mat.

Sweet Gs!!

I've managed to find a website that lists springs for the mark 1 Gs, they are Eibach and the part number is 8.24114e+006.

The website is Speedy performance parts. com.

Has anyone had any dealings with them?

did you read Colin's review of the Eibach springs mate?

The gap on standard GSs is very big. One of the reasons I haven't put my 18" wheels on my car.

You have 3 choices.

1 - Get the GS sport suspension (2003 onwards)

2 - Coilovers

3 - Eibach springs

Of the 3 the Eibach springs would be the worst option. Fitted those to my 1998 GS and although it looked better being lowered 30mm and the body roll was better the springs never felt matched to the shocks and just highlighted the shortcomings of the GS suspension set up.

I am no longer considering just springs - and thinking more of coilovers.

Hi Adrian and welcome.

I have Eibach lowering springs on my 95 GS300.

Got them from TDIplc.

Great company and excellent service.

Springs are OK too, cost me about £180 about two years ago.

As colin says you need the ones for the JZS147 model.

and there's Keith with a conflicting opinion!

aarrghh!

:lol::lol:

we have several reputable companies as sponsors who will more than likely be able to help you.

Keith got his from TDI

You could also contact Prolex-UK

both of these companies have people who read and post in these forums pretty much every day, I'm sure if they can help you they will post here or contact you by PM (hint :winky: ) :D

My GS300 was a series II, I haven't tried a series I with Eibachs so I wouldn't make a decision based on my quote above.

I am also very critical of the GS suspension, others people aren't and would probably find the Eibachs on the series II acceptable.

Thanks for all the replies!!!

I've been a member on other owners websites, but have never experienced the feedback of information as I have tonight! and all at this hour!

I will contact Tdi a.s.a.p and sort out the springs.

( Otherwise the off road gang will be inviting me out on Sunday's, with the amount of clearance I've got between arch and tyres!!! ) :hehe:

Thanks once again lads.

Ade.

P.s keep an eye on me, as I haven't started on the induction kit and the...............

Ordered the springs (Eibach).

Apparently they lower the front by 20mm, and the back by 15mm. Sounds good to me!

But knowing my luck it'll look the same. :crybaby:

I'll take some pics before I do the job on Saturday and some after it's done.

Top service by the people at TDi, they really know their stuff.

Speak to you soon.

All the best.

Adrian

Told you so!

I have had no problems with my set up with standard shocks, corners like a rollerskate with little or no body roll.

I often push my GS to the limit when safe to do so and I must confess the rear end can be a little twitchy. I have lost it twice in the time I have owned the car, both times on roundabouts and both times the abs cut in and I was able to right any potential skid. A bit hairy but comforting to know it was controllable.

Can't say I am an expert driver, may be just lucky!

Hello Keith,

Thanks for that mate. It makes spending the money a little easier knowing you're happy with yours!! :)

Looking at the picture of yours on the left,the stance looks like what I want to achieve.

Have you put any more pictures of your car on this site? ( you probably have, but being new to this it'll probably take me ages to find them! )

Regards,

Ade.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again.

The springs are on and the car now looks like it should! :D

As far as ride quality goes, it obviously isn't as comfy as it was, but saying that it isn't really that bad!

If you hadn't been in it before lowering, then you probably wouldn't comment on the ride now, and believe it's as it should be.

The handling has been greatly improved ( spot on Keith!! ) and I'm glad to sacrifice a little comfort for this.

I took some photo's before doing the job, but due to the bad weather, have not taken any since! I'll try and do a.s.a.p and attempt to put them on here. :mat:

All in all a good mod that was well worth the money!

( and the scraped knuckles!!! : :tsktsk: )

Hope this is of some help to anyone contemplating doing the mod as I was.

Regards,

Ade.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links