Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The great Optimax experiment

Well, the result are in. I tried Shell Optimax for 3 tankfuls, then switched back to normal unleaded for a tank to see what the differences were.

The result: I'm about £8 worse off than I would have been.

No noticable increase in performance, no improvement in economy.

Keep your money in your pockets.

Disclaimer: other vehickes may well prefer Optimax, this was a highly unscientific experiment and does not represent the views of the site owners, members, or (strangely enough) the author. :D

I only use it because of compressor. However when I researched the fact it is stated that with a supercharger you have to use the highest octane fuel you can get.

Thats a bit suspect, what if the highest you can get is 95, do they recomend octane booster?

Yes there are aditive that you put into the tank when you fill up.

Try this for some info.

http://www.stp.com/fuel_oct_boost.html

Also MotorMania don't list it on there site but you could call them and ask if the stock it. 01332 - 296857

http://www.motormania.co.uk/default.asp

[Edited on 27-1-2002 by brn7y]

[Edited on 27-1-2002 by brn7y]

Ok.. i have for the first time used Optimax. Simce my car is tuned for 100 ron guess it would be the nearest suited fuel.

I think i have already noticed a difference. The engie on tickover does not seem to be so tappy anymore and alot quieter... i will investigate this further. It might of been because i was using 95ron that the idle was crap.

Who knows... i am not a mechanic :smug:

Ok.. i have for the first time used Optimax. Simce my car is tuned for 100 ron guess it would be the nearest suited fuel.

I think i have already noticed a difference. The engie on tickover does not seem to be so tappy anymore and alot quieter... i will investigate this further. It might of been because i was using 95ron that the idle was crap.

Who knows... i am not a mechanic :smug:

Have you tried 98 octane, i used to run the Scooby on that

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links