Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Models Forum Renames.....

aido

@ Steve & Matt...

Guys, now that the Lexus models are becoming more broad, would it be easier to rename all of the forums after the specific type, ie "IS Models" instead of "IS200 / IS250 / IS220d / IS300 / Sportcross" as it currently is, as that will need updating as and when they announce the 350 if applicable..

It just seems to be getting complex now and it's throwing all the tables sizes out in my browser - how about naming all of the forums after the family name like you already have with "RX Model" and "SC Models" ?

It would save a bit of bandwidth too - not a lot I know but I guess if you're saving say at least 35 bytes every time it's referenced it's going to save a bit of money in the long run?

I'm off to bed now as I'm drunk :lol:

@ Steve & Matt...

Guys, now that the Lexus models are becoming more broad, would it be easier to rename all of the forums after the specific type, ie "IS Models" instead of "IS200 / IS250 / IS220d / IS300 / Sportcross" as it currently is, as that will need updating as and when they announce the 350 if applicable..

the forum names are as they are for a reason mate ;)

part of which is helping new people and guests understand where to look and post for the information they are after

It just seems to be getting complex now and it's throwing all the tables sizes out in my browser - how about naming all of the forums after the family name like you already have with "RX Model" and "SC Models" ?

you can change your resolution from 640 x 480 you know mate :winky:

:D

thanks for mentioning the RX and SC forums though - I never realised the model numbers where not in there. :blush:

It would save a bit of bandwidth too - not a lot I know but I guess if you're saving say at least 35 bytes every time it's referenced it's going to save a bit of money in the long run?

I'm off to bed now as I'm drunk :lol:

clearly too drunk to factor server side gzip compression into your calculations of bandwidth savings! :lol:

you got PM mate ;)

the forum names are as they are for a reason mate ;)

part of which is helping new people and guests understand where to look and post for the information they are after

you can change your resolution from 640 x 480 you know mate  :winky:

clearly too drunk to factor server side gzip compression into your calculations of bandwidth savings!  :lol:

you got PM mate ;)

:lol:

I need the screen at that size so I can read it when I come back from the pub :winky:

Dunno what happened last night, my browser was playing up and wasn't formatting the tables right, everything looks okay again now - using Camino here which I think uses the Gecko engine but not sure.

Looking better now though - could be something to do with that alcohol wearing off :D

• 4 weeks later...