Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Color To Go For On My New Rx

Hi all,

I am just about to replace my 2 year old RX300 SE II with a 2005 spec. Current color is Brechin Slate + Oakham which I really like, but dont want to get a new car in the same.

Was thinking about the Dark Blue + Oakham & I am at the dealers on Friday to sign on the dotted.

Any thoughts?

Andrew

Hi all,

I am just about to replace my 2 year old RX300 SE II with a 2005 spec. Current color is Brechin Slate + Oakham which I really like, but dont want to get a new car in the same.

Was thinking about the Dark Blue + Oakham & I am at the dealers on Friday to sign on the dotted.

Any thoughts?

Andrew

Black is well pimp!

Well I have just ordered one in "Brechin Slate"...so have to say that is the best colour don't I.....

Actually Black looked excellent but no way I'm spending half my weekend trying to keep a black car clean..

I'd say one of three really:

Black - coz it looks real mean and will shine like hell when it's cleaned and waxed!

Granite - coz i like it, and when waxed and polished, it looks spot on!

Blue - coz i haven't seen an RX in blue yet. Ever!

Stu

Got to be black.

By the way, I have had two dark blue metalic cars (a Mondeo & E class Merc) both looked the dogs doo dahs in the showroom or with the sun shining on them but on a cloudy dull day or if they were not spotless they looked complete pants, horrible, trust me, don't buy the dark metallic blue you will regret it.

Its got to be Platinum with Pembroke interior, this looks the best by far! You cant spend all that money getting a black RX (NON METALLIC) and spend every weekend washing it... Also the black being non metallic shows up all the scratches.

Its got to be Platinum with Pembroke interior, this looks the best by far! You cant spend all that money getting a black RX (NON METALLIC) and spend every weekend washing it...  Also the black being non metallic shows up all the scratches.

not with the paint protection system! Mine's fine.

• 3 months later...

Apologies for not closing out on this topic but I wanted to get a photo.

In the end I went for the stafford blue and have been very impressed with the paint so far. There definately appears to be a thicker coat of laquer than on my previous brechin slate which really picked up a lot of knocks.

Anyway here's a photo (I polished it specially), thanks for the advice - will probably post again in a couple of years asking about the best color for my next car - an rx400h!

rx3002.jpg

Hi all,

Any thoughts?

Andrew

I had the same dilemma but finally decided to replace my 2 year old Brechin/Oakham SE-L with exactly the same as it was the only combination I liked.

Anyone notice that the price for metallic paint has gone up from £375 to £550?

I would have had the RX400h I ordered if it had been available in Brechin Slate but unfortunalely it isn't. :angry:

:D

Hi all,

Any thoughts?

Andrew

You have opened a can of worms here, i am on my 3rd mk 2, the first colour being Tungsten with Beige leather, changed that for Stafford Blue with Grey leather, spent every day cleaning it. (dont ever buy a a dark colour) after 6 months chaged for a Platinum ice with grey leather, have to say the best colour by far, always looks clean and in my opinion the best colour combination less you want to spend the rest of your life cleaning a dark car. Even the birds used to fancy the dark colour. True.

Apologies for not closing out on this topic but I wanted to get a photo.

In the end I went for the stafford blue and have been very impressed with the paint so far. There definately appears to be a thicker coat of laquer than on my previous brechin slate which really picked up a lot of knocks.

Anyway here's a photo (I polished it specially), thanks for the advice - will probably post again in a couple of years asking about the best color for my next car - an rx400h!

rx3002.jpg

Is that a Bra i see on it

Did you get that here or from the states

Congrats

Yes I picked up the bra from a Lexus dealer in the States when I was visiting for a conference. I tried to get one through the UK dealer but they didn't know what a bra was - I think the saleswoman thought I was trying it on when I asked if she had a bra!

It was an US RX330 part but I figured correctly that it would go on the RX300 ok in the UK & it was pretty easy to fit.

My credit card shows a cost of £75 which isn't bad considering the amount of grief I had with stonechips under the grille on my previous RX.

Regarding the effort in keeping a dark car clean - the evidence is clear - it takes a whole bunch more time than my old Brechin Slate. Personally I think its worth it as I wanted a bit more of a "harder color" if you know what I mean.

One more point that I forgot to mention is that the ride is definately firmer in the new car which is more to my taste. Not sure if this is just a quirk of manufacturing of whether the suspension has been tuned, but I like it.

rx3003.jpg

I do like your bra !

Where can you order one from ?

thanks

Gazman :zee:  :zee:

Hi Gazman,

I bought it from a Lexus dealer in the US, having emailed them previously to make sure they had one in stock. I guess you could try and see if a UK dealer can source a US part for you, or alternatively get one shipped - it is pretty light. Those customs guys will get you though as will the Post Office with their "handling fee" - how the heck do they get away with that anyway ...

You can probably find a third party bra in the UK, but the Lexus one has a nice embossed logo and it is well made I think. The part number is : PT21848040 - MASK, 1/2, RX. List price is $124.30 + tax.