Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Recommendations

furtive

My car is in for it's 2nd year service after 17,000 miles. It apparently needs 4 new tyes and Lexus want £164.50 each for the OEM Bridgestones.

Any recommendations where to get these cheapest, or recommendations of other (better?) tyres to consider?

They said the tyres had worn on the inside edge and that I also need a 4 wheel alignment done (another £117.50)

Other service work carried out:

Replace brake fluid as the old stuff was shot

Replace gearbox oil to improve shift from 1st to 2nd.

There are lots and lots of threads on this subject - just try a search.

My personal choice is the DUNLOP SP9000. There are two types, one of which is specially made for the LEXUS IS. The Lexus tyre is made in Japan the other is made in Germany. These tyres are a slightly harder compound than the OEM Bridgstone so will do a higher mileage.

Expect to pay between £120 - £140 per tyre. The non-lexus tyre tends to be about £10 cheaper.

The Dunlop SP9000 are far to loud if worn half.

I also don't know which tires I should buy next.

I had a set of Uniroyal Rainsport 1 and liked them (150 Euro/each). Quite and very good in grip. But the rears only last one season (15000miles).

If I don't find something reasonable better I think I would buy to them again. Because I will drive less miles this year, so they should work for two seasons.

My car is in for it's 2nd year service after 17,000 miles. It apparently needs 4 new tyes and Lexus want £164.50 each for the OEM Bridgestones.

Any recommendations where to get these cheapest, or recommendations of other (better?) tyres to consider?

They said the tyres had worn on the inside edge and that I also need a 4 wheel alignment done (another £117.50)

Other service work carried out:

Replace brake fluid as the old stuff was shot

Replace gearbox oil to improve shift from 1st to 2nd.

toyo t1-r nice tred pattern and stick luck glue!