Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Some Us Rx400h Test Results

These figures were taken from a American Car Magazine.

I read somewhere that the 400h is not designed for off-road use and that the first 2 years production has already been sold.

0 to 30 mph: 2.5 secs

40 mph: 3.7 secs

50 mph: 5.2 secs

60 mph: 6.9 secs

70 mph: 8.9 secs

80 mph: 11.5 secs

90 mph: 14.6 secs

100 mph: 16.7 secs

110 mph: 21.9 secs

Streat start, 5–60 mph: 7.0

Top-gear acceleration, 30–50 mph 3.3 secs

50–70 mph: 3.5 secs

Standing 1/4-mile: 15.2 secs @ 93 mph

Top speed (governor limited): 112 mph

BRAKING

70–0 mph @ impending lockup: 200 ft

HANDLING

Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.76 g

Understeer: minimal moderate excessive

FUEL ECONOMY

EPA city driving: 30 mpg (US gallons)

EPA highway driving: 26 mpg (US gallons)

INTERIOR SOUND LEVEL

Idle, gas engine/standby: 40/29 dBA

Full-throttle acceleration: 72 dBA

70-mph cruising: 68 dBA

As we do not know the additional cost as per yet, I would say the figures are mighty impressive, and I am pleased to be in the first batch of delivery in the UK.

The off road issue is not important to me (having driven a Range Rover for five years without having been off road once).

The comfort, the reliability and of course the reduced impact on the environment are all key factors for my decision to buy the RX400h.

Even though the American specification is very slightly different to the UK specification, and the launch date in the US is 15 April - you may be interested in reading the following press release from Toyota across the pond:

http://pressroom.toyota.com/photo_library/...ml?id=20050310b

RX400h with its lower mpg will appeal more to Europeans than americans, but performance wise it is an beast. Notice those passing times - they are full 1 sec faster than Caddy SRX, which is one of the fastest mid-suv's in the usa, with 320hp V8 engine :-). It should be even faster than 4.4i...

It will always make a lot of sense if you do a lot of in-town driving. And if you actually calculate the performance benefits, it will always make sense.

• 3 months later...

Those figures are astonishing. 0-100 is 2.8 sec faster than the Range Rover Sport, 2.5 faster than the Touareg V10 and 0.6 sec faster than the X5 4.4 and Cayenne S. Similar to a Golf GTI and remember that would have been thrashed through the gears to acheave its figure.

Okay so its slower than the X5 4.8 and will be left standing by a Cayenne Turbo, but they are a tidy sum more.

Must say I did not by my RX300 or performance.....loved the luxury, amount of standard kit etc. If I had another £4.7k to spend and wanted more performance I would probably not look at a RX400... I'd look at a big saloon / estate where the handling would match the extra performance. I looked at a BMW 353d sport but £40k plus price was just too much this time round... another £4.7k and I'd be looking at that again or the GS hybrid when it comes.. both are significantly faster than the RX400 and go round corners much easier.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links