Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Styling Kit

Parthiban

Having had my car stolen two months ago, and then finally getting it back three weeks ago, last week some fool decided to drive straight into the back of me (quite hard I might add) leaving a reasonable amount of damage. :angry:

Anyway, as I'm going to be replacing the front and rear bumpers, and the bootlid (amongst a lot more), I thought I may as well go for it and get the styling kit (as long as it doesn't cost too much :P )

Just have two apprehensions though:

1. I won't be changing the alloys, so will it look odd to have a bodykit with the standard alloys? Or are the 17s big enough to just about pull it off? Does anyone have pics of a car with the styling kit but still with the standard alloys?

2. Will it harm the residuals of the car as its been modified? I know that bodykits don't really add value to a car (unless you find a person that really wants it) but as this is the Lexus kit, will it possibly add value? :whistling:

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Im sure I've seen styling kits with the 17 inch sport alloys, so I thnik it would be ok looks wise - seeing as there are some about.

In terms of adding or affecting residuals, it is a lexus kit you are putting on? You are going through a lexus dealer to paintmatch and fit? If yes to both then I don't think it would harm residuals or add value tbh. It will just make it more appealing and probably get a quicker sale from it.

So basically dooooo iiiiit!! :)

Hi there,

First off, the standard 17 alloys look great with a KIT!!! Its possibly the best looking stock rim thats out there on the roads at the moment. I love my rims and wont trade them for anything! .. :D

As for the styling kit. Are you referring to the factory kit IS kit? I have that one on my car at the moment, and for sure it made my car more valuable cos lots of ppl look for this option ..... over here in HK, its not really considered an aftermarket mod .. but rather a more expensive "option" for the car. Not to mention it looks great even tho its a stock kit.

Lemme know if its the "stock" lexus kit you are referring to, and I can post my pic ... but there are tons on this site already anyways.

Personally, I'm swapping out the bumper in the next couple of weeks for the Altezza bumper (more agressive looking - which is also available at the lexus dealers here in hk) ..... but keeping my original side and rear skirts.

Go for it man!

Thanks for all the replies, its the TTE kit that I'm after. However, after speaking to Privilege this afternoon, I'm now more undecided. The guy I spoke to didn't seem to know too much what he was talking about, but put it down as modification to body, £250 and under (could be more but told him to use that).

I'm almost 5 months into my policy year, and he said that if I added it now, for the remaining 7 months i'd have to pay an extra £129. However, he didn't seem too sure as to whether that was because there was a fee for amending the policy part way through the year, or whether that was just the extra premium. :blink:

Has anyone had any experience with mods and privilege insurance? I wanted to do this because it won't cost very much as they're doing so much work on the car anyway, but if its gonna add £150 to my premium each year, it probably isn't worthwhile :crybaby:

TTE dont make is200 side skirts do they?

It would be modifications even if its dealer option.

Thanks for all the replies, its the TTE kit that I'm after. However, after speaking to Privilege this afternoon, I'm now more undecided. The guy I spoke to didn't seem to know too much what he was talking about, but put it down as modification to body, £250 and under (could be more but told him to use that).

:crybaby:

Have Lexus seriously increased the price of the TTE front bumper? When I spoke to the dealer again this afternoon, I was told that ever since they made it possible to add the headlamp washers to them, it now costs £480+VAT! Compared to the price of £130+VAT for the standard bumper that sounds a little ridiculous :angry:

He also told me that they've stopped doing the TTE rear skirt, and I could only get a TRD one (which I don't like that much). Is that just this dealer or Lexus in general?

And to finish it off, I asked whether I could have the new smoked headlights when they're replaced, and he said it isn't possible because the newer cars with these headlights have a totally different wiring loom. Why is it necessary to change the wiring when they darken the headlights? :huh:

As you can probably gather, I think I might just give up with all this and keep it standard :shutit:

And to finish it off, I asked whether I could have the new smoked headlights when they're replaced, and he said it isn't possible because the newer cars with these headlights have a totally different wiring loom. Why is it necessary to change the wiring when they darken the headlights?  :huh:

Absolute rubbish.

The only differnce in wiring looms for headlamps is between a non-HID IS200 and a HID IS200/IS300. Otherwise they are the same...... He's talking out of his backside.....

Speak to Chris Shipley once he's back off hols - he'll sort you out with the lot and give you Gold discount I bet.....

Have Lexus seriously increased the price of the TTE front bumper? When I spoke to the dealer again this afternoon, I was told that ever since they made it possible to add the headlamp washers to them, it now costs £480+VAT! Compared to the price of £130+VAT for the standard bumper that sounds a little ridiculous  :angry:

I have ordered my front TTE bumper from Lexus Woodford ....... at the moment there is like a 3 - 4 week delay from Japan, as they are all now being made to incorporate the headlight washers.

If you car don't have HID then you don't legally need the washers, my car would have been fitted with the full TTE kit 2 weeks ago, however as there is some back log of orders being placed for the newer "washers cut out" bumpers, I have to wait .........

The front bumper is costing me £575.86 sprayed and fitted. :crybaby:

Have Lexus seriously increased the price of the TTE front bumper? When I spoke to the dealer again this afternoon, I was told that ever since they made it possible to add the headlamp washers to them, it now costs £480+VAT! Compared to the price of £130+VAT for the standard bumper that sounds a little ridiculous  :angry:

I have ordered my front TTE bumper from Lexus Woodford ....... at the moment there is like a 3 - 4 week delay from Japan, as they are all now being made to incorporate the headlight washers.

If you car don't have HID then you don't legally need the washers, my car would have been fitted with the full TTE kit 2 weeks ago, however as there is some back log of orders being placed for the newer "washers cut out" bumpers, I have to wait .........

thought TTE were german ;)

You're getting it from Woodford? That's where I had the estimate done, think Sean was the guy I dealt with (hopefully that's how you spell it)

So you're paying that much for it? I can't decide whether its worth paying that much for, it works out to about £400 for me because insurance will be paying for a standard bumper as well as painting and fitting (which is why I started thinking in the first place), I just need to pay the difference

If you're getting the full TTE kit, that would mean you're getting the TTE rear skirt? Have you managed to get in a final order? Or has he got something wrong when he told me they don't do them anymore?

Yes mate, Sean is doing the work ............. I'm getting the full TTE kit, yes sideskirts ...... and rear lip.

I've got a qoute for the complete kit, and to fix/repair the damage to my car ..... Idon't even want to repeat the price, it makes me :crybaby::crybaby:

Yes mate, Sean is doing the work ............. I'm getting the full TTE kit, yes sideskirts ...... and rear lip.

I've got a qoute for the complete kit, and to fix/repair the damage to my car ..... Idon't even want to repeat the price, it makes me  :crybaby:  :crybaby:

From the prices I been given, I think I got a good idea of what you'll be paying :whistling:

If it makes you feel any better, think of the £4200 bill I'll be sending to the insurance company of the car that hit me :)

It'll be awesome once its done, are you getting the alloys too?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links