Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do I really have a Pioneer Radio??

Do I really have a Pioneer Radio??

As you may know, I'm in the middle of researching a radio swap in my 2000 ES300. I've posted my OEM radio removal guide in the workshop. Click here to download the document. In one of the last photos, you can see the sticker on the back of the radio - it says Pioneer.

In looking at dash kits for a double DIN replacement, I keep coming across this type of diagram

It clearly shows that the radio I have (AM/FM/TAPE/CD buttons arrayed on the right side) is a Nakamichi!!!

Any guesses as to what I really have? A Pioneer knock-off of a Nakamichi?

Tom

I thought the higher Lexi came with Mark Levison (sp) hifi which is better still.

Incidentally, Nakamichi make outstanding tape decks (the masters of tape decks!!) but their CD Players are not so hot, and they have very little experience of amplifiers - so I hope Levison is being used. I would love to see Naim being used - but I can't see it - and besides, it would be too good to use it while driving!!! :D

All right, now CLASS!! Back on topic, please.

With the Fujiten comment by fluff, I'm starting to think that the Lexus factory installs what ever it has on hand that day - all knock-offs of the Nakamichi.

Anyone else have a Nakamichi faceplate (4 buttons on the right side AM/FM/TAPE/CD) but another vendor underneath?

Tom

Originally posted by Tom_ES300

All right, now CLASS!! Back on topic, please.

With the Fujiten comment by fluff, I'm starting to think that the Lexus factory installs what ever it has on hand that day - all knock-offs of the Nakamichi.

Anyone else have a Nakamichi faceplate (4 buttons on the right side AM/FM/TAPE/CD) but another vendor underneath?

Tom

Seems like they do! My stereo 4 buttons are on the left hand side and the CD slot is at the top....Are all the stereos different?!