Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My dealer has just confirmed a definate £5000 premium on the RX400h and that Tungsten Mist and Brechin Slate colours will not be available.

As much as I would like to help cut down on polution I am afraid £5000 is to much of a price to pay.

Why can't we just have one of the super efficient and powerful diesel engines that so many car makers now fit to their cars? :driving::angry:

I decided to go for the sel with all the nice bits that come with it back in July 04 when I got frustrated with the never ending wait time on the 400h.

Also I figured that I would be saving a load of cash, which would easily cover the higher fuel bills of the se-l.

I prefer the height the air susension can hold the car at too and didn't want to miss out on that.

So in sticking with the RX300 i may be missing out on some speed - although if i wanted to go faster (the rx300 is slightly faster than an IS200) i'd have bought a sports car.

I've seen the hybrid at Birmingham and again at Geneva and much prefer the alloys and front bumper on the RX300.

I'll be fascinated to see how the RX400h performs on the road and who knows, there may be extra tempting toys on it but for now i'm unconvinced.

After all this waffle I bet i'll be rocking a 400h this time next year. It's just human nature! ha ha!

My dealer has just confirmed a definate £5000 premium on the RX400h and that Tungsten Mist and Brechin Slate colours will not be available.

As much as I would like to help cut down on polution I am afraid £5000 is to much of a price to pay.

Why can't we just have one of the super efficient  and powerful diesel engines that so many car makers now fit to their cars? :driving:  :angry:

Yup same info from Dealer a couple of weeks ago - Went for SE-L (again) Platinum Ice (again) Oakham (again)

I wonder if the UK will get the RX350 when it replaces the RX330 in the US next year?

I would be suprised since we didn't get the 330 on grounds of fuel economy but lexus is planning on varying engine sizes more regulaly to keep sales momentum.

Pretty nasty trick, changing engine sizes and making a car that is maybe only 1 year old obselescent.

The only thing is the 3.5 V6 will be a different design of engine. The RX300 and RX330 have basically the same engine and if they are stopping production of one then maybe they will stop the other.

6-speed transmission will be nice and the new engine will probably be more economical than the old 3.3

I was originally told that there would be exclusive colours available for the RX400h, now I find that they have dropped 2 colours from the already fairly boring colour range.

Just my personal feelings! :tomato:

Well,

I took the plunge yesterday and purchased a brand new RX300 SE with Nav. Coulour pretty original: Carbon Quartz with sussex leather.

Car being delivered soon.

I have thought hard about the RH400 and realised it is not worth the money....yet!

Looks like the £5000 premium is causing some fall-out in the waiting lists. My local dealer is now telling me I can get my car much quicker than expected. I'm not sure I'm going to take up the option, £3000 was a reasonable premium, £5000 just seems too much... :angry:

Looks like the £5000 premium is causing some fall-out in the waiting lists.  My local dealer is now telling me I can get my car much quicker than expected.  I'm not sure I'm going to take up the option, £3000 was a reasonable premium, £5000 just seems too much...  :angry:

Couldn't agree more. Maybe if enough people cancel their orders Lexus will bring the price down. :duh: And if pigs could fly!

Well,

I took the plunge yesterday and purchased a brand new RX300 SE with Nav. Coulour pretty original: Carbon Quartz with sussex leather.

Do you mean Persian Quartz and not Carbon Quartz which I do not see in the colour chart, or is this a new colour :question:

Sabastian,

it is not Persian quartz, it is Carbon Quartz. I think it is a new color too because it is not in the Lexus brochure I have! I will post some picture when I get the car.

Thanks Vertex, I look forward to seeing it.

Sabastian :mat:

Looks like the £5000 premium is causing some fall-out in the waiting lists.  My local dealer is now telling me I can get my car much quicker than expected.  I'm not sure I'm going to take up the option, £3000 was a reasonable premium, £5000 just seems too much...  :angry:

Some london area dealers are offering pre-order cars already!!! :crying:

Well,

I have thought hard about the RH400 and realised it is not worth the money....yet!

Hi Vertex

Intrigued about your colour choice of Carbon Quartz I enquired about this colour with Customer Services who have just advised me that this colour is not available in Europe.

Please enlighten me.

Sabastian

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links