Rx 300 Se-l 20000 Mile Service

Service + Extras £945

20000 mile service

2 new front tyres

Tracking + Camber adjustment

Change brake fluid

Change front brake pads

Change windscreen wipers

I love the car but its not a company car and I pay for everything myself. What should my attitude be? Should I think a prestige car will be expensive to run so forget the money or should I be concerned about the very high running costs?

looks like you need to join the gold scheme and save yourslef a packet with the possible dealer discounts available.

with a bill like that you could be saving hundreds :winky:

i know i did on my 20000 mile service last week

The service would be about £300. No different from any other Lexus model. Did you shop around the dealers? Prices can vary between them.

I wouldn't have brought tyres from a dealer, they can be obtained cheaper elsewhere.

Our gold membership can get you up to 15% off dealer servicing.

I have the service history for my car, it's 20,000 mile service cost over £700 with new pads and discs etc. Just had it's 40,000 mile service and it cost me about £250 and the brakes are only 30% worn. So either the previous owner used to keep his foot on the brake all the time of the dealer changed things that really didn't need doing. They also charged him for 2 air filters!

I wouldn't have brought tyres from a dealer, they can be obtained cheaper elsewhere.

As colin says get the tyres from elswhere, also get

1. Tracking & camber adjustment done from elsewhere

2. Wipers buy elsewhere, replace yourself

It wont bring it down a great deal but it will bring it down, and then lastly go gold and get some discount :winky:

I have an 20 month old RX300 SE-L and have had the 60k service done a couple of weeks ago.

I think that was the most I have paid for a service yet, a huge £470.

Generally I don't get the tyres done at the service interval and only recently sourced my tyres from the dealer as there was a shortage and they managed to get some first.

The only thing now is that I am paying an extra £750 per year to keep the warrantee extended.

Night-Time

:) First service yesterday,

Telephoned on Monday collected Thursday, that evening I received one very clean RX300 SE-L, service book stamped, bottle of wine and a bill for £170.

Very pleased - well done Lexus Hatfield :rolleyes:

Edited by ColinBarber

• 4 months later...

Just had 20k service at Lexus Stockport - £450 (after discount) including new front brake pads. Front pads were 90% worn, rear only 20% ?! :duh:

Also informed that there was a recall for the brake light switch, which they had done, and I was given a bottle of champagne for my "co-operation and understanding". And for good measure, they filled up my tank!

Thanks, and well done Lexus Stockport :D

:)  First service yesterday,

Telephoned on Monday collected Thursday, that evening I received one very clean RX300 SE-L, service book stamped, bottle of wine and a bill for £170.

Very pleased - well done Lexus Hatfield  :rolleyes:

Had my 1st service done at Lexus Woodford in July and it was only £113!

Seems like you had an expensive bottle of wine thrown in for "free".

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links