Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Team Lexus Track Day

Steve

A track day for Team Lexus UK will be announced in the next month

or two with dates and location. However we shall be

planning this to suit members so we may get the full

potential of the track meet. We have quite a few members

interested in this track day already and I have just announced it for general public forums.

We shall be posting some safety rules in the near future.

I have no connection with this company other than a happy customer, I did 4 track days with them last year, which were all very safe, organised with different peoples abilities and requirements in mind :

http://www.bookatrack.com/isapi/bat.dll?0&...&a&b&c&mardiblo

I have used other companies for track days, and been much less impressed. Bookatrack have access to some very good venues, and aim for a fun and relaxed day, but they do have some basic safety rules, which they make very clear, and do not tollerate anyone breaking these basic rules.

The forums on their web site give a good idea of what they are like.

- --

Rod, UK

• 3 months later...

Hence why Honda-R use Bookatrack for all our trackday events!!!

Claire - in Gold you mentioned the R-Club closing. No. The Prelude.com resource on the internet shut as not enough people supported (paid subs towards the costs incured) so it went under.

Honda-R is not a type-r club, it is for all Honda's. The 'R' just denotes that we have a performance bent.

If your hubby wants to join - www.honda-r.org.uk and click 'Join'

Next point - Anglesey trackday...... two weeks today (since now Friday) Honda-R will be at Anglesey in Wales. This is a great little circuit. I am sure if you and the hubby can get up to it - you will have a great day. And I can certainly sort your hubby out with a passenger ride in a fast Honda..... :eyes:

If any other Team Lexus chaps/chapesses want to come along to see what this trackday lark is all about - feel free to come take a look - and chat with us. We are a friendly bunch honest!!!

Sos not to reply to you in Gold Claire - for some reason, I can look but not post?!?! :?:

Hi Sammy,

Thanks for the reply. I've told Simon about the Honda-R club and he's going to take a look. I think I must have got the wrong end of the stick as the Prelude resource had closed.

The Anglesey track day sounds fantastic. It's not when we'll be down that way though - looks like our hols will be beginning of November.

May have a serious think about this though :)

Claire - it is worth the trip - book a weekend away and come take a look - if you don't have a helmet, you can borrow one, a Honda on track is an awsome place to be - and I will get you on track! :bounce:

Hubby may fance a ride out in a Prelude - have you got this month's Jap Performance??? Track Day Hero will be at Anglesey - he is VERY quick!

Originally posted by UltraViolet

Claire - it is worth the trip - book a weekend away and come take a look - if you don't have a helmet, you can borrow one, a Honda on track is an awsome place to be - and I will get you on track! :bounce:

Hubby may fance a ride out in a Prelude - have you got this month's Jap Performance??? Track Day Hero will be at Anglesey - he is VERY quick!

Have picked up Jap Performance but not had a chance to look at it yet - my mother-in-law has it !!!!

Will look into coming along, it's about a 250 mile trek for us I think - must be some journey for you!

Originally posted by Claire G

Will look into coming along, it's about a 250 mile trek for us I think - must be some journey for you!

Certainly is - but worth it!! Besides, have nice car - will travel!! :eyes:

Not got a nice car today - IS is in the Lexus dealers having ANOTHER new stereo and the dash repaired where they damaged it before..... plus the ding removed where someone opened a door into my car (I have to pay for this - I would have thought they would offer to cover it since I've had the messing about with the 3rd radio, and when it was supposed to be serviced, but they didn't collect)...... anyway - I have a Corrolla - absolute pants! I got a Yaris last time and it was a great little car..... this thing is horrid. Vague steering, sloppy gearbox, cheap interior - feels like a banger and only done 16k miles!

Lol - I wouldn't take that heap round my local track (small twisty B-road home!) :eyes:

It was so nice to get back in the IS - especially since the new CD player actually works, they have repaired the dash and it's blemish free, the rattle that I got when in 2nd, 4th and 6th gear has now gone.... AND they even repaired the small ding in the back passenger side door where some cretin had opened their door into my car when it was a week old!

No damaged dash, no not-working CD player and no rattles. My car at last is perfect (fingers crossed). I have mentioned the brittle paint (I have lots of stone chips - he immediatly asked if I did a lot of motorway miles, which I don't) and so he is going to speak with Lexus. Hope I hear back as my only complant regarding that dealer is when they say they are going to ring back, they rarely do - and they forget what they have promised......

I had my car booked in for a service one Friday - they were meant to collect from my office car park - I left the keys with security. I rang at lunch to check all was fine and reception informed me busy so they would ring back. Of course they didn't. 5pm I discover my car hadn't moved all day. They had forgotten! So the dealer chap said that since the dealer that supplied my car hadn't even given me a keyring (let alone brollies and the like you chaps got) - he would get me booked in for Monday, a Lexus keyring, and replace the GS300/430 service book I have with the correct one...... that was 2k miles ago. Never got the keyring, and today when I mentioned the book, they said they would order me one. :rolleyes: