Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dealer Damage To My Rx

lex69

:angry: Just looking for some advice...! My RX mk2 was in a particular Lex bodyshop for minor repairs and was due to be picked up today. I went along with my tiny Toyota Yaris courtesy car to collect my RX only to notice a big chunk and some scratches on the rear bumper AND a foot long deep scratch on the side of the car under the doors. The manager seemed puzzled how and when this had happened, so i told them to keep the RX in the garage over the w/end and demanded a quick fix for early next week. In the meantime im left with this tiny Yaris over the long w/end (with 2 sml kids) and no room for car seats etc...

Apart from trying to source a bigger loan car is there anything else you lads can recomend i can do in this situation(apart from trying to kill the bodyshop idiot who ruined my car).

i would firstly kill the idiot who ruined your car then sit back and see how you feel after that,

you may find that thats all the satisfaction you need

:P

i always take a photot of my panels before it goes into a dealer nowadays, then f they dispute any damage i would pull out the pics which are dated, never needed it yet hope i never do.

always walk round and point out any damage, they write it down on their checklist at service and its confirmed before u leave, a bit of a pain i know but its the only way to cover yourself nowadays, it also covers them for customers claims.

Lex i know how you feel mate,

Took my IS200 in for a minor repair at the Cardiff dealership, as i was strapped for time didnt bother taking off my lovely unmarked, unblemished 19'' alloys and dropped the car off on the Thursday

Firstly i was unable to get a courtesy car although they had my car for 48hrs, which really pi**ed me off, :tsktsk: , and then ........ when i do go to collect my car i find that some total :tsktsk: idot had decided to use my wheels as a parking sensor trashing it into the kerb causing a lovely 4inch scrape along the drivers side and rear drivers side wheel!!!!! :shutit: :shutit: :shutit:

To add insult to injury the service manager even argued with me saying i had damaged the wheel, which i informed him was pretty hard seeing he still had the keys and the car hadnt moved ..... I felt like Jackie Chan'ing his ***** :ph34r:

Anyways after speaking with the dealership manager i have finally got them to agree to paying for the wheel to fully restored by a company in Exeter, think they called Prestige Wheel :question::question:

Talk to the manager about how you feel, and that you require some kind of compensation .......... then ask him how "he" would feel if you told Lexus GB about there actions, and how your car was treated ..........

:angry: Just looking for some advice...! My RX mk2 was in a particular Lex bodyshop for minor repairs and was due to be picked up today. I went along with my tiny Toyota Yaris courtesy car to collect my RX only to notice a big chunk and some scratches on the rear bumper AND a foot long deep scratch on the side of the car under the doors. The manager seemed puzzled how and when this had happened, so i told them to keep the RX in the garage over the w/end and demanded a quick fix for early next week. In the meantime im left with this tiny Yaris over the long w/end (with 2 sml kids) and no room for car seats etc...

Apart from trying to source a bigger loan car is there anything else you lads can recomend i can do in this situation(apart from trying to kill the bodyshop idiot who ruined my car).

whenever a customer leaves a car with me the first thing i "have to do" is check the bodywork for damage and document this on a job ticket, if the damage looks new then the customer must view and accept the damage before the car is moved, if i fail to document the damage then the company are unable to deny responsibility, i would assume Lexus would follow this ISO procedure.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links