Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrgh!

andrewr

200 miles in my shiny new Sport, and a rattly dash. This'll be my 2nd trip back to lexus in 4 days. Makes me wish I'd just stuck with my 3 year old SE. I miss my SatNav aswell :-(

Hope they can fix this damn rattle in the dash/windscreen area as it only happens when the car is cold. I have some nagging doubts here. Anyone else had any experience of this ?

Other than this the cars perfect. Black is the best colour!

What made you not choose Sat Nav this time? I thought most people who opted for it think its great and wouldn't be without it, plus the new one would have been the DVD based one!

Mine's also coming up to three years old and I'm very likely to change it, rather than paying the final PCP finance amount to keep it.

Originally posted by ricky_is200

What made you not choose Sat Nav this time? I thought most people who opted for it think its great and wouldn't be without it, plus the new one would have been the DVD based one!

Mine's also coming up to three years old and I'm very likely to change it, rather than paying the final PCP finance amount to keep it.

What will you go for next? My IS200 Sport is on a PCP with Lex Vehicle Leasing and I've got just under 2 years to go. I'm debating whether or not to start saving and and buy it at the end of 3 years or get another IS200 or a GS300.

Well I haven't been saving so I would have to get a loan just to pay off the PCP, for the same amount a month I could get a new car!

I really need a diesel, I'm fed up with paying £60 a week petrol just to go to/from work!

Test drove a new E Class merc this morning (petrol though). Very nice, test driving the diesel E270 on saturday morning.

Originally posted by Claire G
Originally posted by ricky_is200

What will you go for next? My IS200 Sport is on a PCP with Lex Vehicle Leasing and I've got just under 2 years to go. I'm debating whether or not to start saving and and buy it at the end of 3 years or get another IS200 or a GS300.

Wait untill 2005 and get the new IS Claire....:yes::yes::yes:

I get the dash rattle in the morning when the car is cold too. It's the panel just under the steering wheel housing. I asked the Dealer to look at it last time in went in, but they said that it wasn't rattling at the time.

I hate to say this people, but you don't get these "characteristic" rattles in the german cars, and by that I mean Volkswagen let alone the BMW/AUDI/Merc axis of evil. The build quality and lack of pace are the two things that are really putting me off buying another IS.:flaming:

My 12 month old IS rattled in the mornings too, it was traced to theh wires/drain pipes from the sunroof, moving behind the trim on the A post.

As to comments re German cars, I have had 3 VWs and 2 Audis, the all rattled .......badly, in fact the IS is the best car in the ratle stakes I have owned in 12 years. I think it is getting to the stage where a rattle free car is a rarety, trim materials get cheaper steel gets thinner, is it any wonder?

Sorry for the slow response here guys'n gals. I don't know why I changed my car, guess it boils down to this:

It was an early production car and had a few niggles, thousands of stone chips and my SatNav was playing up, plus the warranty was about to expire. So I went through the bills I was just about to get, 300 on the 40k service plus MOT, Warranty for 1 year, Tax had 2 wks to run, tyres about 5k left, new windscreen..... over 1ks worth of bills. So, time for a shiny new one. I actually wanted a black sport last time, but the only one I could get my grubby mits on was an SE in Platinum Ice, which actually was a spot on choice, even though I didn't make it.

About the SatNav, I wish I'd bough it in all honesty. I've become dependent on it. I actually got lost 10 miles from home the other day as I have this habit of paying no attention to roadsigns as a result of it. This being said, 2500 is a lot for a SatNav. So, I'm going for an aftermarket one, plus I drive 3 cars so I need something I can move between them.

The rattly dash is still there, its only when cold and I find it hard to replicate when I need to, i.e. at the dealer. So, I'll wait for October to kick in and then take it down. Actually I found Guildford the most wonderful bunch with dealing with rattles and squeaks. They had my old IS for a total of 2 weeks sorting out my drivers and passenger seats.

Still, I do enjoy driving the new one, brakes are much better, exhaust note is a little more throaty and I swear it feels quicker, not that I'm hammering it yet mind you!

My car's a little over a year old now and i've had the odd noise.

Pretty much cured the first by pulling the passenger side A pillar trim and packing it out at the bottom.

Another was in the area of the satnav / centre console but seems to have subsided.

Another is the plastic trim on the front inside of the sunroof - makes an occasional cracking sound.

I'll have to investigate ...

Oh and creaky seat too ...

The Garmin gets my vote, but I am having negotiation difficulties with the financial director (aka her indoors). I think I've blown my budget this year. This

I read a report somewhere that the iPaq combi is OK, but lacks on the voice prompts plus the sceeen illumination concerns me. I've got one of these already (without the GPS card), so its a low(er) cost solution, just not sure.

Does the Garmin fit nicely on the dash in that tray like thing (I have to say that tray ruins the aestetics of the dash) where the factory fit GPS solution goes ? Have you got one of those bean bag type dash fittings, and does it work ? Last Q on this, whats it like with the sun beaming in through the windscreen ?

Need to get my hands on one to have a play with it. Its not the sort of thing I can pop in to Dixons and take a look at, and at a thousand pounds if I make the wrong decision I'll kick myself!

Thanks for the advice tho'