Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

a little advice - please?

some little ***** has stuck a Max Power sticker on the back of my car.

Its a nasty ***** semi naked bird, with the Max Power logo on the bottom.

It's like a football / collecters card type sticker - and has stuck fast!

:mad:

Does anybody have any ideas how to get this stuff off?

I've tried to get it off - and some of the sticker has come off.

But there is still a lot of the sticker left - and where I have removed the sticker, there is still the adhesive, which has hardened.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

If I find who did this - there will be blood spilt.

:flaming:

I have tefloseal on the care - it's a laquer that helps protect the paint - would that make a difference?

hmmm... you got me there.

i've used this method to remove stickers from a mountain bike. the paintwork was fine after. the lighter fluid acts as a 'thinner' and loosens the adhesive.

You could always try and use a stanley blade, just make that your fingers are not in the way if you slip. Otherwise it will not be your paint your're worried about but the lack of fingers on your hand:lol:

Originally posted by Matthew_McNally

has anybody ever used this?

No disrespect to willtang - would rather try a product designed for the purpose, rather than using lighter fluid (which worries me a touch to be honest)

My hubby worked for a Honda dealership years ago and they used the hairdryer method and the lighter fuel one too:yes:

Originally posted by Claire G
Originally posted by Matthew_McNally

has anybody ever used this?

No disrespect to willtang - would rather try a product designed for the purpose, rather than using lighter fluid (which worries me a touch to be honest)

My hubby worked for a Honda dealership years ago and they used the hairdryer method and the lighter fuel one too:yes:

Use lighter fuel v.v. sparingly - the hairdryer option is better. Heat up the sticker and peel off and use the lighter fuel/WD40 sparingly to wipe off the residue. As long as you wash and polish it afterwards, it shouldn't damage your paintwork.

I've used the hairdryer to remove stickers and decals for cars before and worked just fine.

But the sticker the a%sho%e put on your car is made for sticking to plastic and not bodywork so it could be a bit diff to remove.

Good luck !!