Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Soarer Mods

Lamphant

hi guys, if yall had recently acquired one of these vehicles and it has in the 1JZ engine which i tink is 2500cc. what engine and suspension mods would yall do wid it. and if possible post some sites in which i can acquire these parts that yall are goin 2 mention

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there mate

A bit more info is really needed to give you advice on what mods to do to the car.

What is your budget?

What do you want from the mods?

Is it a 1/4 mile missile you want?

Is it a track car you want?

Give us some mroe info and ill get you going in the right direction.

• 2 months later...

I've found that the best value for money performance upgrade was a boost controller. I went for an electronic one but there are plenty of guys who use manual ones. You can pick these up for £20 off eBay. You would need a separate boost gauge too.

Next best upgrade was a free-flowing exhaust, which is more expensive.

The BFI costs nothing but I've not seen any actual evidence that it makes a difference.

After that you're heading for big money:

FMIC

Fuel Cut Defencer

Replacement or piggy-back ECU

Bigger injectors

Better spark plugs

More powerful fuel pump

Replacement turbos

You can get to 300-320bhp with the cheap options. If you want more then you need to have deep pockets.

Knowing what I know now, I should have bought a Skyline in the first place!

• 4 weeks later...
Knowing what I know now, I should have bought a Skyline in the first place!

Simon - you should be ashamed of yourself :o

How can you even consider joining the unimaginative flock of Skyline owners? :P

OK, they are nice cars - but you must love being different with a Soarer.

Go for a drive to get rid of the thought :driving: :D

Sorry Carl! I was feeling a bit miffed when I wrote that because I wasn't getting the ETs that I was hoping for. However, I've now bought a big single turbo which should get me another 100bhp. I'll feel better when that is up and running.

• 2 months later...
Sorry Carl! I was feeling a bit miffed when I wrote that because I wasn't getting the ETs that I was hoping for. However, I've now bought a big single turbo which should get me another 100bhp. I'll feel better when that is up and running.

How much would you guys generally spend a year in mods for you cars?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links