Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Won't Start!

Help please, a few times over the past year the car has not started on first turn of the key, I put this down to just 'one of those things' a couple of days ago it refused to start and only did so on about the 4th attempt, I went for a spin then put the car in the garage.

Tried to start the car now and all I get is a machine gun rat'a'tat'tat noise coming from the engine and no turn over, volt meter shows power and all the lights work etc.

Has the starter motor failed? :crybaby:

So where is a good place to go for a battery? And what if this does not fix the problem?  :crying:  :crying:

Having heard this sound many times ( ex-mechanic ), the Battery has not got enough power, to push the solenoid on your starter fully over, the sound is like a metallic clicking, or as you said like a machine gun . or put it another way ,a Battery is cheaper than a starter :)

Not sure weather the Bosch "Asia Silver"was out when the Auto Express test was done, that's what i have on my car ,and that has a life time warrenty :)

If your thinking about the Delphi Freedom Battery, try the same motor factors i posted up ,as my local one sells Bosch and Delphi.

http://www.boschautoparts.co.uk/pcBatt8.asp?c=2&d=1

http://www.delphi.com/

Help please, a few times over the past year the car has not started on first turn of the key, I put this down to just 'one of those things' a couple of days ago it refused to start and only did so on about the 4th attempt, I went for a spin then put the car in the garage.

Tried to start the car now and all I get is a machine gun rat'a'tat'tat noise coming from the engine and no turn over, volt meter shows power and all the lights work etc.

Has the starter motor failed?  :crybaby:

i've had the same problem, and my car is only 6months old. I dread leaving work at 2 in the morning thinking the car won't start.

Change the Battery though, or ask Lexus to do it under warranty. If you go on holiday etc, it helps asking someone you can trust to start your car for you every so often.

Sorted - Got me a Bosch Asia Silver for around £41.00 from Andrew Page. Started first time, now I just have to tune the stereo back in :D :D

Thanks all - with out you guys I would have been well stuck! :)

Sorted - Got me a Bosch Asia Silver for around £41.00 from Andrew Page. Started first time, now I just have to tune the stereo back in  :D  :D

Thanks all - with out you guys I would have been well stuck!  :)

Nice one..... :)

Sorted - Got me a Bosch Asia Silver for around £41.00 from Andrew Page. Started first time, now I just have to tune the stereo back in  :D  :D

Good news ,glad its all sorted :) ....how long is the warrenty ?

• 2 weeks later...

Are you happy both cables reached the terminals on the Battery ok ? (I'm just checking...) I've decided that it's time to renew the Battery on my 5 year old IS, as the problems I'm having with starting it are becoming more and more frequent.

Probably will get the Bosch AsiaSILVER one as others have found it's ok.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links