Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Won't Start!

No problems at all - a direct swap out for the old one

Cool !! Cheers for the response. Only problem I have now is finding a local supplier..... I've tried the 2 reseller companies listed on the Bosch AutoParts website, but one of them doesn't stock Bosch, and the other would have to order one in (incl delivery !) which would cost me £65

I'm sure there are other companies local to me that stock them, trouble is finding them.

Not having much luck here.... Phone the head office of Andrew Page and I get the impression they don't do mail order. The guy I spoke to said he would try and find out the names of any local Bosch resellers to me and let me know, but he hasn't done that yet (may well call him back and check etc).

Any of the other local companies that do sell Bosch don't stock the AsiaSILVER, but one guy quoted me on a equivalent called ABS for £29 + vat :question: No idea if it's any good, but personally I'd like to stick to a brand name.

Basically, if I can't get hold of a Bosch Battery, does anyone have any other recommendations ?

What about your Lex/Toyota/Nissan/Mazda/any thing jap dealer?

Good thinking Batman !! Last thing I would of thought of..... thanks, I'll make some enquiries.

So far I have a couple of irons in the fire. A very kind John Harrison from Andrew Page is able to send me a Battery direct from Bosch (with an extra carriage charge) to me, but then I'd have to get it filled with acid as they come dry :blink:

Also, I have a work colleague who occasionally travels up to the Doncaster area, so I've mentioned to him in passing about getting me one from a depot while up there.

In the mean time I'll try a few local Jap car dealers as their parts department may be able to help.

Dave ,are none of the Bosch dealers in your area ,able to supply you a battery ?

See list....

http://www.boschautoparts.co.uk/bdl/loc_re...e=&intProduct=1

I've been to that site (mentioned in an earlier post, but thanks anyway :) ) and looked up the dealers in both Ipswich and Cambridge, and both searches came up with the same two companies. Tried them and only one could get me a Bosch AsiaSILVER but would have to order it in (not kept in stock) and charge me the carriage on top ! Total price came to £65 (bit steep me thinks)

Will be trying a few local Jap dealers in the morning, Mazda, Honda etc etc, if that fails I'll probably make it worth the while for a colleague to get one for me next time he's up north.

• 2 weeks later...
OK  :)

I would say I'm about this <--> close to giving up trying to find a local Bosch or Delphi Battery supplier :( All of the (local to me) distributors on the Bosch and Delphi websites no longer supply those brands..... They say they can still get hold of them, but the cost goes up way beyond what anyone should realistically spend on a new one.

Unless anyone has any other suggestions/recommendations, I'll probably end up buying a "motorfactor" type replacement from my local Lexus dealer. Certainly won't be getting an OEM one as they are stupid money.

This is a list of Motor Factors that belong to the Motor Trade Factors Association, maybe some use to you :)

http://www.imtfa.co.uk/member-directory.asp

Was hoping it might be, but sadly no sorry. Thanks again though. There must be some sort of conspiracy, as none of those companies appeared in Norfolk, Suffolk or Essex, and the nearest one to me is a good 1½ hours drive there ! One last look through the Yellow Pages before I admit defeat.

Hmmm....go to www.yell.co.uk and look up "Motor Factors" in your area :)

Well I've managed to find another place that will supply a Bosch one for £65, but as I'm in the process of moving abode, every penny counts ! The same company can do a Yuasa for £50 and I'm pretty happy with that. Yuasa batteries Comes with a 4 year warranty, so there shouldn't be any problems etc.

Hmmm....go to www.yell.co.uk and look up "Motor Factors" in your area :)

Well I've managed to find another place that will supply a Bosch one for £65, but as I'm in the process of moving abode, every penny counts ! The same company can do a Yuasa for £50 and I'm pretty happy with that. Yuasa batteries Comes with a 4 year warranty, so there shouldn't be any problems etc.

Yuasa is a good make ,and thats a very good warrenty.....go for it :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links