Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warning to all IS200 Drivers

All IS200 Drivers beware I have heard this afternoon from my local Lexus dealer that an IS200 owner from Bradford had been carjacked by four men.They attacked him and have stolen his IS200.

Make sure you keep your doors locked in built up areas !

Sadly it isn't just IS200s either - I know of 2 FTOs suffering the same fate - one in Birmingham, one in Headingly, Leeds..... in the 1st case it was a drugged up scumbag with a knife, in the second it was planned as the owner noticed a chap running while crouched at the side of her car, the next thing was another chap trying to open her door - she tried to drive off but the car wouldn't go and she realised she had been hooked onto the car behind!!! She got punched in the face ect and hurt trying to defend her pride and joy - at the end of the day, hard as it is to let it go - you can't recommend fighting!

well when we were in RSA they would just shoot them or run them over!! Best security device was an anti hijack system, if u were carjacked you would hit a switch as u got out and then the system would cut the engine after about 2 mins and sound the alarm.

Keep the car and get away safe.

cheers

robbie.

Hi all, another car owner has been killed today in the UK trying to stop his Audi from being stolen. It is a worrying thought, I know I can handle 2 attackers but beyond that I would struggle or face charges against myself. Howevwer I have come across a Triple action= pepper/ CS/tear gas spray. Have had these used against me in forces for training and this mixture will bring anyone down( then kick the *!*! out of them before calling police.

http://www.aladdinsecurity.com

Great choice isn't it? If you defend yourself you'll probably end up imprisoned for assault, the criminal will get off 'cause of lack of evidence and you'll end up paying them thousands in compensation! If you don't then your stuffed too.

BTW around where I work in Slough there has been a spate of thefts from cars at traffic lights - ie someone opens a door and runs off with a laptop etc. I'm getting into the habbit of locking the doors while I drive now.

my old beast has automatic locking.. very surprised you dont have it in yours.

It locks when it hits 10mph

pretty funny when you have a friend ir a lady in the car.. they here to doors lock for the first time and then panick! :D:D

its a feature that could save your life!

Don't think so - unless I missed something in the manual. :( (That's something else I don't have! Yesterday a beemer driver at work was talking to an is200 SE driver in my hearing pointedly saying "of 'course your lexus has got the leather seats hasn't it - really sets off the car doesn't it? not quite the same without leather seats is it? eh Chris? etc, etc" Humph!)

[Edited on 1-2-2002 by javadude]

Hi all, there is a device that I recall from my days in close protection to stop theifs etc. This system is armed by you or upon forced entry it fills the car with a smoke dye so the thief cant see and is also visible as the culprit. The smoke / dye cleans off the car interior. I will find details of this and post them as soon as I can.