Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

I think everyone knows Im getting a Lexus on here now :D , and I would like some very welcome advice please, on how to do these jobs properly. If I list them I think that would better. So here I go then :)

1. the best thing for looking after the leather interior. Its in brilliant condition, but Ive never had leather before

2. one of the alloy wheels has what looke like a very faint scuff mark (like a pencil mark) across the center. Is it possible to do anything with it.

I used to VERY lightly spray the wheel of my old car with this problem and 100% success (just the problem area), but not sure If I can do it on the Lexus.

3. under the bonnet there is what can only be described as surface rust around few nuts and on one horn, it isnt bad in anyway its just like a fine powder. Because of the special way the paint is put on I would appreciate on how members treat this. (im not sure if certain rust killers would effect surrounding paint)

4. I have a couple of scratches on the rear wing 7inches long , and they curve (as if some luggage has caught it) the scratches are very narrow, but the feint under coat can be seen, Just for now is there anything I can use to blacken them back up.

5. and the last :D what do you guys use to polish it to make it look like a mirrror

I hope you can advice me, it might seem like simple stuff to some, but for the first time in my life I am owning a lovely car and want to look after it :D

Ian

Ian

you should look into becoming a gold member here - there are several discounts that could help you.

1. the best thing for looking after the leather interior. Its in brilliant condition, but Ive never had leather before

I am currently running a group buy for a full leather cleaning kit. Details are in the gold forums here.

The product Colin recommended is good too - although I've always thought of that as a restorative product - you say your leather is in brilliant condition.

4. I have a couple of scratches on the rear wing 7inches long , and they curve (as if some luggage has caught it) the scratches are very narrow, but the feint under coat can be seen, Just for now is there anything I can use to blacken them back up.

Run your finger nail over the scratch (lightly) when you get the car.

If you can feel it with your nail, you probably want to get it looked at professionally.

If you can't, then look at something like Meguiars Scratch X to start with.

5. and the last biggrin.gif what do you guys use to polish it to make it look like a mirrror

I have a very dark blue GS. I use Klasse All In One as a polish, and Pinnacle Souveran wax on top.

Did this a week or so ago, here are the results.

43600004_G_001.sized.jpg

43600011_G_002.sized.jpg

43600008_G_001.sized.jpg

43600002_G_002.sized.jpg

I always recommend Klasse All In One polish and Klasse Sealant Glaze - there are quite a few guys on here who got these in the last group buy, and got superb results

Ive just had to look for my sunglasses :D.

Thats a good idea about being a Gold Member, so i'll have that sorted when I get paid again. . the scratch marks didnt seem too deep, so I wondering if its polish residue in them . I'll let you know when I pick it up. The motor factors where I live can put the paint I need in a spray can, so I might try it myself first, if it does'nt look right Ill have it took to a paint shop. I have sprayed touch-up my merc but that was white, and I have no idea if its harder for black , but its worth a try, if I do have to take it to a paint shop I will have only lost £15 for the can, its such a small area , and I might just make it look good enough , then save up and have the whole rear wing done properly :D

the scratch marks didnt seem too deep, so I wondering if its polish residue in them . I'll let you know when I pick it up. The motor factors where I live can put the paint I need in a spray can, so I might try it myself first, if it does'nt look right Ill have it took to a paint shop. 

if they are not too deep - you should be able to polish them out mate, with a product like Scratch X or Autoglym Paint Renovator.