Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alloy Wheels

corky

as we all know the alloys on the IS are s**t. despite having mine refurbed in november they need doing again. in everyone elses experiance, would you recommened buying a new set of non lexus ones or buying a new set of lexus ones(anybody know a price) or should i just get them refurbed agian. this is something that totally f**** me off with lexus. its about time it got sorted. you dont pay 20,000+ for a car and have the alloys mess up every 6 months. lets hope the ones on the new model are a big improvement :angry:

I think with there track record, they will keep f-ing up..

Best bet is to save up a get some aftermarket 18s/19s.. :whistling:

I know how you feel though, had my last set put on in Sep 04' there all getting changed next week.

Mine got replaced last Nov, and yep they are starting AGAIN!

im outside my waranty now though??????

Is there any point in complaining?

your also supposed to clean the wheels you know................. :tomato:

the reason i say this ....

if the wheels had been refurbed then they would hhave a thicker covering of clearcoat, just like any other alloy wheel.

the only way they would re-tarnish is if they are new wheels and not refurbed wheels.

well knowing that TOYOTA GB stopped sending the wheels back to Japan a few years ago (2 Cargo jumbo jets full) all the replacement wheels would now be referbed in the UK.

The 18" Wheels are not sourced from Japan, where the 17 wheels come from, and therefore are not made from the same high corrosion prone alloy that the japanese wheels are.

They are sourced and manufactured in South Africa, where a higher and cleaner grade of alloy is used.

so i cannot understand how re-furbed wheels can stiull corrode, ive seen a re-furbed set and they have a hell of a coat of clearcoat, all across the wheel!

you have to clean them........especially the brake dust off :excl:

my 18inch styling alloys have MADE IN ENGLAND on them  :ph34r:

strange, maybe there no longer sourced from SA then, the original ones were..

i thought that to matt, had them off last week to clean them, and on inside was MADE IN ENGLAND on them, this is the 2nd set ive had :hehe: this set is not much better, and i clean them to :duh: i have never had problems with alloys :D until now, so going to get them changed by lexus, sell them (as new) and get some more (not lexus).

Well, I have today noticed ..... that all 4 of my alloys have some sort of corrosion on them ....... how convenient, considering that they are all kerbed too ....

Set of 4 re-furbed for me please ......... ta :whistling: B)

:P I have had my wheels on for a year now not a problem with at all, got a new set last year on warranty, these are the ones with a good coating of laquer on them. No problems as of yet only where the pratt has put the tyres on and scuffed the laquer, still njot a problem.....also got a new set sat in the garage a mate of mine who does abit of spraying for a living sprayed plenty of laquer on them and the look like the refurbed ones I got changed last year,, like matt says CLEAN THEM REGULAR :lol:

i make a point of cleaning my wheels every week in the hope that they wont coorode. but they have and i only do at the very most 200 miles a week in my car, thats if man utd sre playing at home, if not maybe 50 miles and they have still corroded. im that pi***d off that im thinking of seeling it. its riducolous!! :angry::angry:

i make a point of cleaning my wheels every week in the hope that they wont coorode. but they have and i only do at the very most 200 miles a week in my car, thats if man utd sre playing at home, if not maybe 50 miles and they have still corroded. im that pi***d off that im thinking of seeling it. its riducolous!! :angry:  :angry:

A Man U fan that does ONLY 150 miles to see them play!

You must qualify as there closest supporter :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

my 18inch styling alloys have MADE IN ENGLAND on them  :ph34r:

The 18" Styling Kit alloys are made by Team Dynamics

not seen any box :hehe: but are Team Dynamics in England then ?

Not sure Gord, I think they might be English but I'm sure someone will correct me :tomato: I got one in Lexus Belfast for BESTY once and I saw it on the box.

Im not sure my wheels are corroding or not.

Its kind of more like a tarnishing inder the clearcoat.

None of them are kurbed and I clean them regularly.

They were replaced outside of waranty before, but this was after they changed them inside the waranty........yep 3rd set.

I think ill mention it next time it goes in for a service, but i wont hold my breath.

Im not sure my wheels are corroding or not.

Its kind of more like a tarnishing inder the clearcoat.

None of them are kurbed and I clean them regularly.

They were replaced outside of waranty before, but this was after they changed them inside the waranty........yep 3rd set.

Two of my wheels look like they are tarnishing under the clearcoat too. It is going in for a service tomorrow so I will see what they say. The wheels were only replaced last June.

:duh:

• 2 months later...

My 18 month old IS had it's 20,000 miles service at Lexus Croydon yesterday. When I booked it in I asked them to look at the bubbling on the spokes of the alloys, they have fitted new wheels all round for me. Not happy that I had the problem but it has been dealt with very efficiently with no fuss.

Kevin

Replacement wheels all well and good when under waranty... not much good when 3+ years and the people have to start paying to get them refurbished themselves.

Why can't they fix the issue once and for all ? would surely be cheaper than having to replace soooooo many wheels.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links