Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Dealers - Servicing Your Car

squarehead

Do you like having you car cleaned at the Dealer?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like having you car cleaned at the Dealer?

• Yes
    • No I'd rather save £10!
    • I get it done free at the weekends (wash and go)

Judging by all the negative feedback left by others when their Mariahs get cleaned Id rather do it myself. Apart from which, I don't mean to be funny but nobody I know can clean cars like I can.

Im very particular to say the least!! :P

Hmmm. Not sure if a tenner is worth saving... :whistling:

But the only thing that does "bother" me is that I have that GardX stuff on my car, and if the dealer washes it, they wont be using the "special" protection/preservation liquids as prescribed... :blink:

Do dealers charge to wash the car?

They are paying somebody to wash it, therefore you are paying for it in your servicing costs. Just isn't listed.

The same thing could be asked about a courtsey car. If you don't get one then you are subsidising the cost for others that do.

I don't drink tea or coffee. I should be able to get an extra few pence off for that as well ;)

Do dealers charge to wash the car?

They are paying somebody to wash it, therefore you are paying for it in your servicing costs. Just isn't listed.

Do you reckon that all Lexus dealers do that ? Because if they do, the one that did my 50k service didn't bother ! In fact, whenever my car goes there (not often..) they never do it.

On the other hand, my nearest dealer (where I brought the car from) from memory have always washed it.

• 3 months later...