Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Digital Wheel Alignment

My RX is showing excessive wear on the inside of the o/s/f tyre.

When I delivered it today for its 20,000 mile service I left a message at service reception for them to adjust the tracking.

When I collected it nothing had been done as they were fully booked for the day. Slightly disappointing but I accepted their reason.

However they went on to explain that what was needed was 4 wheel digital alignment which would take about 2 hours and cost about £100!!!!.

As the last time I paid for tracking it cost about £10 this seems ridiculous

Is there anybody out there who can confirm if this digital wheel alignment is what is required or can I get away with nipping to the local tyre and Battery dealer and paying less.

At least the Lexus Quote for a tyre matched the local dealer but £200 for a tyre and wheel alignment 'feels' expensive.

I was quoted the same ammount by Lexus (you don't go to the Lexus Coventry Dealership do you?). I went to a local company, "SILVERLINE", in Warwick. They were possibly the most proffessional tyre/wheel supplier fitter's I've been to (plus they have a playstation with TOCA in the waiting room, which means your not bored whilst waiting. Infact they had drag me off it kicking and screaming!!!). They charged me £25 for the pleasure, and thought that Lexus were having a laugh, to say it takes 2 hours to do the alighment.

P.S. It does'nt effect your warranty if you take it else where, as long as you get the print out!! :cool:

No I am not in Coventry but in the depths of North Yorkshire. The quote was from my local Lexus dealer near Middlesbrough.

I shall have to search the Yellow pages to see if this technology exists at any local tyre dealers UNLESS...... any LOCies can advise me of somone in the Teesside-York-Harrogate triangle.:yes:

• 1 month later...

I had a similar problem with the left rear (we drive on the left in Australia). The local tyre place used a 4-wheel optical aligner and located the problem. He fitted a snail-cam bolt to achieve the correct camber and the problem went away. Don't know how it got bent in the first place, but we did buy the car second hand.

UNLESS...... any LOCies can advise me of somone in the Teesside-York-Harrogate triangle.:yes:

I have used North Eastern Tyres in York (Clifton Moor) and they are very good. They can accomodate very lowered cars (my CRX) and cars that must have 4 Wheel laser and chassis alignment (which is what you need on the NSX every time you change tyres)

To be honest - I would advise you get full chassis aligment done everytime you change a tyre on any RWD car!!

The fact you have uneven tyre wear - I would go for the full aligment - will cost circa £70 but worth it.

• 8 months later...

I've just had the alignment adjusted on my IS200 by the Lexus dealership here. They used a Beissbarth computerised system, which I guess is the standard system for Toyota/Lexus dealerships in this part of the world.

I didn't bother asking for a quote; it had to be done regardless of the cost, as the front right was horribly out of position after hitting an unmarked pothole.

In my case it cost $65, which is about the price for one hour's labour in this part of the world. There was quite a lot of adjustment required, not only to the front right, but also the rear toe. So an hour should be on the upper end of an estimate for this sort of work.

Regards - Cam

I had uneven tyre wear on my RX and Lexus Coventry kindly did the tracking for 162.50. wouldn't have minded too much if the tyres had lasted pasts 15000 miles but they didn't. Have now found a place that supplies the tyres so cheap, and do the tracking for 20 quid, that it doesn't matter if they don't last

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links