Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Full Geometry

Purvesh

I had the geometry set up on my modified Avensis today at STS Watford - by Tony (wheels-inmotion.co.uk).

I like many previous LOC members can again vouch that it was a thoroughly professional job done by Tony and his helpers – he’s been there 23 years, you’d think he’d know what he was doing :lol:

The front caster bolts were a bit of a job to get loose, and there was hardly any adjustment in the end. So Tony’s going to try and get some caster bolts, to allow further adjustment.

In the end, I spent around 3 hours there, right by the car. He explained each step and what the figures meant, so even the dummies like me could comprehend :blush: .

While there, I mentioned about the steering wobble I was getting at around 55-60mph. Tony kindly checked the balancing for on four wheels, and guess what, they were out (some quite considerably :huh: ). Whilst doing this, his helper Barry noticed a small nail in the tyre, which was removed and filled with “special stuff” before any further damage could occur. The charge for all this extra work?? Nil, Zip.. Nothing

What can you say to that, you just cannot get that service these days.

He’s passionate about what he does and it shows through in his work and the pride he takes in it. Take for example, the correspondence and calculations for geometry. This was all done out of working hours in his own spare time.

I wasn’t local to him; in fact it was a 3 hour round trip in all. But you know what, that doesn’t matter one bit, because I left there one very happy and satisfied customer. I can’t tell you the last time I felt like that. Consequently, the IS is booked in for Saturday.

If you want to get it done right, you shouldn’t look anywhere else – regardless of distance. If you do, you’ll be opting for second best and wasting your time and money!

I know where I, my family and friends will be taking our custom.

Thanks again for the top job Tony…. you’re a top man! :winky:

I third it - he has answered some PM's recently and helped even though I have not even met him - intend visiting soon - top man.

Purvesh81 you are more than welcome... you know i have people within companies ask me "why" do you do it, "why" use your own time, "why" bother with a web site if there is nothing in it for you?..... your reply is "WHY", simply i enjoy resolving peoples distress in this area, ok there is an unseen element where i work from home but thats what i chose to do, anyway "hows" the vibration? has the balance sorted it?

was there not a meet up at this place comeing up soon............as i could do with the geometry setup! on my car :D Hi Tony, my car is lowed -40 to -45mm can you still do it if its that low :whistling:

as im only in gravesend would not take me long to get to you :whistling:

Yeah he did mention your problem Barry... :crybaby: Is there no way around it for you? i.e. tracking from the disc etc..

it just means another means

its booked into Abbey Motorsports later this month

they assure me they will not have a problem doing it

tony did say that the gear he could have used had been damaged, thus he wasnt able to do it at the time

Yeah he did mention your problem Barry... :crybaby: Is there no way around it for you? i.e. tracking from the disc etc..

tony did say that the gear he could have used had been damaged, thus he wasnt able to do it at the time

Not being able to do your car really bothered me ( for days ) thing is i knew you were coming a long way and i felt i let you down... you know on the tuesday at work i crushed my hand (bad) but on the wednesday i had two Lexus to do one being you, knowing people had made plans to have the geometry i still went to work only to be let down by the equipment "sorry", still after seeing you i went to the hospital and ended up having a month off work. once i have the new clamps i stand by my word i "will" set-up your car for free....

On that note if anyone is thinking of coming to me? i "MUST" be able to see the top of the tyre, about 10mil, and the car has to be able to drive up on to a ramp, if your not sure pm Scorpion...

I also agree that the service was amazing, and this also reminds me that I should bring it in soon for the 2k check up, plus with all the escapades my car's been on over the last couple of months, I think its starting to need it. Will book in as soon as all repairs are finished :winky:

Not sure if you'd know, but following the recent reasonably hard rear impact, the right rear suspension has started to creak severely, but doesn't do it all the time. Do you know what's likely to be causing it? Is it likely to be a result of the accident? And is it ok to drive around with it at the mo?

Btw, Purvesh, u still got the Avensis? That mean u got 2 cars :blink: B) B) :P

Not being able to do your car really bothered me ( for days ) thing is i knew you were coming a long way and i felt i let you down... you know on the tuesday at work i crushed my hand (bad) but on the wednesday i had two Lexus to do one being you, knowing people had made plans to have the geometry i still went to work only to be let down by the equipment "sorry", still after seeing you i went to the hospital and ended up having a month off work. once i have the new clamps i stand by my word i "will" set-up your car for free....

On that note if anyone is thinking of coming to me? i "MUST" be able to see the top of the tyre, about 10mil, and the car has to be able to drive up on to a ramp, if your not sure pm Scorpion...

:D yep i remember the hand

looked very painfull :crying:

even more so when you tried to engage reverse on the short shifter :blush:

and the end of the day if it couldnt be done, it couldnt be done, i would rather you said what you said than attempt to do it wrong

no worries, i am sure you will see me again one day :D

:D yep i remember the hand

looked very painfull :crying:

even more so when you tried to engage reverse on the short shifter :blush:

and the end of the day if it couldnt be done, it couldnt be done, i would rather you said what you said than attempt to do it wrong

no worries, i am sure you will see me again one day :D

One day soon!, thing is i would of loved to put my name on your set-up "beautiful car"

Parthiban.. yeah I still got the Avensis, it does all the long journeys.

Still looks good though, Tony and Niraj can vouch for that :D

Now it's all set up properly.. she'll be running for a bit longer..

Update:

Just come back from getting my uncles IS done - another top job in freezing conditions!

Booked mine in for tomm... :whistling:

I had the geometry set up on my modified Avensis today at STS Watford - by Tony (wheels-inmotion.co.uk).

I like many previous LOC members can again vouch that it was a thoroughly professional job done by Tony and his helpers – he’s been there 23 years, you’d think he’d know what he was doing  :lol:

The front caster bolts were a bit of a job to get loose, and there was hardly any adjustment in the end. So Tony’s going to try and get some caster bolts, to allow further adjustment.

In the end, I spent around 3 hours there, right by the car. He explained each step and what the figures meant, so even the dummies like me could comprehend  :blush: .

While there, I mentioned about the steering wobble I was getting at around 55-60mph. Tony kindly checked the balancing for on four wheels, and guess what, they were out (some quite considerably  :huh: ). Whilst doing this, his helper Barry noticed a small nail in the tyre, which was removed and filled with “special stuff” before any further damage could occur. The charge for all this extra work?? Nil, Zip.. Nothing

What can you say to that, you just cannot get that service these days.

He’s passionate about what he does and it shows through in his work and the pride he takes in it. Take for example, the correspondence and calculations for geometry. This was all done out of working hours in his own spare time.

I wasn’t local to him; in fact it was a 3 hour round trip in all. But you know what, that doesn’t matter one bit, because I left there one very happy and satisfied customer. I can’t tell you the last time I felt like that. Consequently, the IS is booked in for Saturday.

If you want to get it done right, you shouldn’t look anywhere else – regardless of distance. If you do, you’ll be opting for second best and wasting your time and money!

I know where I, my family and friends will be taking our custom.

Thanks again for the top job Tony…. you’re a top man! :winky:

Couldn't agree more. He is a top bloke.

Parthiban.. yeah I still got the Avensis, it does all the long journeys.

Still looks good though, Tony and Niraj can vouch for that  :D

Now it's all set up properly.. she'll be running for a bit longer..

Update:

Just come back from getting my uncles IS done - another top job in freezing conditions!

Booked mine in for tomm... :whistling:

Cold? the flame on my lighter froze..... scary thing about the geometry on the IS200 today was that 50% of the adjustments were to undo the geometry done by Lexus? "she" had..

Front

off-set cambers

off-set castors

off-set steering rack

unbalanced lock angles

unbalanced toe out on turns

Rear

natural camber/ toe recovery.

i'm "not" knocking whoever set the car up before, i was'nt there so i have no right to voice a valide opinion, it just makes me so angry that a car that has done 47K is on its 3rd set of tyres, and just two hours work has put the problem to rest.

Bazza, when are you going to Abbey Motorsports!! i have to get me IS maped soon and i was going to take it there!! could meet you there............. :whistling: :winky: i think dave was going as well when the turbo is fitted............

let us know mate.

P.S sorry for going ofTOPIC guys :blush:

Bazza, when are you going to Abbey Motorsports!! i have to get me IS maped soon and i was going to take it there!! could meet you there............. :whistling: :winky: i think dave was going as well when the turbo is fitted............

let us know mate.

P.S sorry for going ofTOPIC guys :blush:

20th @ 8.00am :crybaby: looks like i will have to get up early

its at least a ten minute journey

Cold? the flame on my lighter froze..... scary thing about the geometry on the IS200 today was that 50% of the adjustments were to undo the geometry done by Lexus? "she" had..

Front

off-set cambers

off-set castors

off-set steering rack

unbalanced lock angles

unbalanced toe out on turns

Rear

natural camber/ toe recovery.

i'm "not" knocking whoever set the car up before, i was'nt there so i have no right to voice a valide opinion, it just makes me so angry that a car that has done 47K is on its 3rd set of tyres, and just two hours work has put the problem to rest.

If I added any more layers.. I would've ended up like the Michelin man :lol:

She did handle a lot better on the way back. Originally Lexus should have put it back to standard @8000 miles, but obviously something went wrong along the way :huh:

Glad to have got it sorted in the end.

Hope Matthew gave you the message, I'll give you a ring in the week.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links