Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

well I have had my GS since friday and I am so plased with it. Just an update , I thought the garage said they had just fitted rear and front pads, but they didnt, the put the brake pads on, plus a new set of discs on the back, they are so shiny! :D ,

I have a question regarding the dash lights. I had one replaced, but now the petrol tank indicator back light has gone :crybaby: .

So I thought well if two have gone (ones been replaced and working great) the rest might be ready to go. I read this really helpful post for the GS 300 by Jaybo :)

Remove the black plastic trim (the one with the light dimmer switch) in front of the clocks. you will then see 2 philips screws , remove them. then at the top of the binicle you will see 2 more , remove them also.

the clocks/instrument cluster should then just pull out !

When pulling out there are 3 plugs to which you have to remove

Once you have the cluster out turn it over you will find it is covered by a white plastic tray held on by approx 8 possi screws , remove them and the tray

You can now gain access to the bulbs

To remove the bulbs just twist them

Took me abouy 10 mins to replace all the bulbs and put back together ..

Im pretty good with my hands , but in all honesty is it a fairly easy job to do ?

I was thinking of replacing the lot except for the one done at the garage

And if so what size bulbs and where do I get them please?

I took the car into work today :D I think the knives where out :lol:

the only place that i know where you can get them from is lexus themselves they were only a couple of pound each. if i remember correctly they are 14v bulbs and not the standard 12v you can get from the local factors. i'll stand corrected if i'm wrong. :blush:

and YES it realy is that easy to remove them.

best of luck

jay

thanks Jay :) I had a bit of good news regarding the lights :D. I mentioned the light on the phone to the garage where I bought my car from and I was told that they would change the other one on warrenty. Just as a thought I said "if two have gone, why not just replace the lot?". Anyway to cut a long story short Ive been asked if I take a fiver down with me and pay for the other bulbs they will put the one in that they said they would replace , plus the others I paid for but with no other costs at all, it seems pretty fair as I wont lie I was a little nervous with taking the console apart. £5 for a set of bulbs seems a good price.

• 1 month later...
i think it is just the needles that are exspensive to replace ,

The dash cluster is fairly easy to remove.

There are three typs of bulb.

The main bulbs that illuminate the the numbers and behind the fuel/temp gauge etc are a long life 14v bulb available from lexus only.

The small warning lights (i.e handbrake on light )are a standard bulb you can get from Halfords.

The bulbs for the PRD2L display in the middle are different again (cant remember what they).

Message me if you want instructions on how to remove the cluster (i've done it 4 times already)

TIP: Change all the bulbs at once (I changed one, put it back and two more blew right after) it'll save you time in the long run!!