Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tesco Insurance Quote - what a joke!!

Rodders_UK

I was (still am :() insured with Tesco.

Had a crash last year - not my fault (blame was sorted at the scene).

My car was 7 weeks old from new, and only had 1700 miles on the clock.

Front end was demolished - needed over £12,000 to repair.

Tesco wanted to fix it.

Their rule is if it costs less than 65% of the value of the car to fix - they patch it up.

They were not going to use a Lexus garage to repair, and not use Lexus paints.

It took me 3 months of fighting (my OWN insurance company mind) to get this car written off and a new replacement.

I would not go near them again Rodders.

I'm only still with them until the claim is finished - them I'm insuring with Lexus (who were only £100 more expensive)

Originally posted by lexussport

Rod,

I use Liverpool and Victoria and have registered with them:- modified bodywork, modified suspension, modified exhaust, modified wheels and tyres.

Cost for these mod's ..... nothing:yes:

Any contact details for these lexussport? My insurance isn't up until May but I'd like to give them a call - collecting numbers now to try and get a cheaper deal!!!

Rodders,

Get this!!!!!!!!

I got a quote from Tescos for £1400 just for me but if I insured my wife ( who is epaletic ) with myself, only £940 :?::?: get the logic in that, Seeing as how that was my cheapest quote, I went with them but will looking else where when it's due.

Originally posted by norkep

Rodders,

Get this!!!!!!!!

I got a quote from Tescos for £1400 just for me but if I insured my wife ( who is epaletic ) with myself, only £940 :?::?: get the logic in that, Seeing as how that was my cheapest quote, I went with them but will looking else where when it's due.

In my case adding my wife (6 months full UK) made my insurance cheaper! :?:

How that works I don't know, but surely doesn't make sense (she's younger just in case someone was wondering).

In my case adding my wife (6 months full UK) made my insurance cheaper! :?:

How that works I don't know, but surely doesn't make sense (she's younger just in case someone was wondering).

Mine was also reduced by adding the wife on the insurance. I think their thinking here is that you won't be driving the car all the time, your other half will be, and given that they are regarded as safer drivers, their risks are reduced.

If it's cheaper then I'm not going to complain :yes: - just put the money saved into the SC-pot :smilegrin:

Insured with eSure this year - sent them photo of the car with the skirts and grill (just in case) and a covering letter. No extra charge. The idea of charging more on vehicles with mods is not just the extra cost (Rod says his wheels aren't any more in value than the original Lex ones) but also the attractiveness to thieves. Consider a car with bog standard steel wheels/hubs and then the owner puts on shiny alloys - the cost may not be more than replacement steelies but the nickability value goes up.

Maybe cause I'm in the older catagory of you owners but your premiums make me go even greyer. My total car premiums for LS400, Saab 93 Cabrio and Landrover are less than your numbers just for an IS! Also I have not shopped around just with NFU. I know I could get it cheaper but their claims service is so good it's worth paying a bit extra. Having said that I've only had 2 claims in over 10 years with them - one for my house and one when my wife was hit up the back end - maybe I should shopp arround1

3 years NCD and business travel - so I was happy with the price.

But their claims handling was beyond atrocious.

They re-sell Direct Line policies - so it was a Direct Line engineer looking at the car (who did an appalling job).

They outsource their claims handling too - so when you ring up you just get a call centre who say "But the engineer says repair it"

:mad:

I ended up paying for an RAC inspection, which suggested that it would cost >£18K to repair.

Big difference was the body shell.

Car needed a new body shell. Direct Line engineer wanted to prop up the gear tunnel with a brace.

:flaming:

wot bout me then;

im 19 and been driving for 2 years only started insurance on my own name in may. most insurance company's wouldn't look at me coz i had 0 no claims bonuses on my mitsubishi colt 1300GLX on an S reg even though i've had no accidents or convictions.

direct line gave me the best quote of £1732 so took that policy out in may this year. rang up for a lexus which is brand new, 7 insurance groups higher and £20000 more than the colt and everyone was either laughing at me or telling me stupid quotes like Lloyds Insurance said £11236 and thats with the 20% off!!!:flaming:

joke or wot. would of rather they told me to **** off and not waste my time than give me a quote like that.

But direct line only charged me £500 more on top of the £1732 i already paid so i was well chuffed that now i could have my Lex'.

amazing that american kids start driving at 16-17 and can have them 4.7ltr chevies and lexus's (this kids got IS300 on this web site but cant remeber which one and hes 17 and the cars amazing) and they dnt pay as much as we do.

INSURANCE HERE IS DAYLIGHT ROBBERY:flaming:

gonna go do some rounds on the punch bag now coz this insurance stuff annoys the **** out of me!!!:flaming::flaming:

Hi all,

Picked up my IS 200 Sport today and i was insured with "Bell Direct" on the old car.....It cost an extra 150 on top of the original 300 (for the old car) with 8 months left to go before i do the usual Insurance hunt. Also got a discount for putting my partner on the insurance.

:kiss:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links