Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

43o In Limp Mode.

smiffie

Hi Guys.

I have been in the Soarer job for a while and recently bought a SC430.

Because it had a flat tyre the warning light came on, but since the tyre was ok, I left it, now the VSC and VSC-OFF light is on and it has gone into LIMP mode.

Is there a way to Turn the 'flat tyre' light off?, and if I can, will it turn the VSC light off ? and if it will, will it also turn the Engine managment light off too?.

I did the ECU reset, it made no difference.

I have just bought a OBD-11 code reader, but I wont get it for a few days and as much as I like the OLD Mk3 TT's id rather have the 430 back.

:cheers:

Smiffie

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Guys.

I have been in the Soarer job for a while and recently bought a SC430.

Because it had a flat tyre the warning light came on, but since the tyre was ok, I left it, now the VSC and VSC-OFF light is on and it has gone into LIMP mode.

Is there a way to Turn  the 'flat tyre' light off?, and if I can, will it turn the VSC light off ? and if it will, will it also turn the Engine managment light off too?.

I did the ECU reset, it made no difference.

I have just bought a OBD-11 code reader, but I wont get it for a few days and as much as I like the OLD Mk3 TT's id rather have the 430 back.

:cheers:

Smiffie

Hi Smiffie

I know you from TIF. I've got an LS430 now and bought the W/S manuals for an 05 model from USA. It mentions a tyre monitoring system and describes the following process to initialise the tyrepressure monitoring system - it may be the same for the SC430.

"Set tyre pressure to correct pressure.

with vehicle stopped, turn on ignition switch to ON.

press and hold the tyre pressure warning reset switch until the 'pressure initial' indicator comes on. (On the LS the switch looks to be under the dash)

If the 'pressure initial' does not come on perform the initialisation again (with the ignition switch off).

Drive the vehicle at 19 MPH or more to complete the initialisation of the skid control system.

Check that the indicator is not displayed after driving vehicle for 60 minutes.

If the pressure initial indicator comes on again while the car is being driven, the initialisation may have failed. If so repeat the whole process again.

After initialisation is completed, the skid control ECU monitors the tyre pressure using the wheel speed sensors.

Mike

The OBD11 reader found the engine magagment fault in secs, this is now ok and the VSC light is off also, the tyre warning light is still on, and I have changed all wheels and tyres for a new set. I have pushed the tyre pressure switch button, and yesterday I drove it 250 miles, but it is still on.

I will try it with the ign off today and see what happens.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links