Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Your Left Foot

eXOBeX

No clutch pedal in an auto, so where do you put your left foot?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. No clutch pedal in an auto, so where do you put your left foot?

• Use it for braking
    • Footplate underneath the parking brake pedal
    • Tucked under your right leg
    • Just down there resting on the floor
    • I'm an amputee, are you taking the mickey sunshine?

i was gonna ask a simaler question ,how many auto drivers drive with one hand cause i do it all the time ,so can i be nicked for this and if not why cant i hold a mobile phone to m ear with the free hand  :D .

The scoffing of food is an interesting one (well, interesting to me at least). Can I get done for not being in proper control if eating, for example, a Peter's Chicken Pasty whilst driving? If so, why not if I was smoking? Dropping crumbs on your lap isn't quite as distracting as dropping hot fag ash, surely? If it comes down to size, where's the boundary? Pie? Pasty? Can of Red Bull? Mars? Twix? Cigar? Cigarette?

I stick my foot on the plate under the parking brake

but does anyone else find the parking brake sticks in your shin? or is it just because I have big size 12 feet?

I don't get dug in the shin (size ten) but I know on my Toyotas, where this little plate thing was down next to the clutch, it felt a bit too-far-up to be somewhere to rest your foot. Tried removing it only to find a great big bolt sticking up for it to attach to - bugger!

With my normal seat position my left foot doesn't reach the dedicated footplate !

It just sits on the floor leaning up against the gearbox tunnel minding its own business :)

..... lol me too ..... just wondering down there minding it's own business !

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The great L.K.J. Setright reckoned that we should all learn to drive two footed, as you react faster if your foot is already over the brake, rather than having to shift from accelerator pedal.

Not as good as the old Citroen DS which had just a BUTTON thing....I used to drive barefoot in summer with just my big toe on the button! :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links