Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thames Valley Police To Use 'points System'

Fidgits

It seems Labour has introduced a points system for Thames Valley police...

And guess what...

Under the scheme, police will be given ten points for arresting a rapist or burglar compared with five for a motorist talking on a mobile phone or someone committing an affray or a public order offence.

Yep, if a policeman catches 2 people driving while on their mobile phone - this is equivalent to catching a rapist....

:angry:

Full story here

Things like this make me feel sorry for the police because obviously they have to do what they are told and although there will be some who will be more than happy about it i assume thats not the reason people become policemen and you have to think how many of the police get jaded with working like this so the ones who like the easy life of getting motorists remain

nothing surprises me anymore.

i hope it doesnt apply to CID and other serious crime squads coz if it does ill have to moonlight as a traffic officer to up my points :crybaby:

it might work better if we got a percentage for all the crime we solved with murders,rapes,robberies etc at the top of the scale and motoring offences at the bottom.

just a thought :whistling: :duh:

Bottom line Boys and Girls of the LOC is the motorist is an easy target.

The vast majority are law abiding with properly registered, taxed and insured vehicles. No escape.

CCTV can pick up a car and in most cases get the reg as well, so your knicked! Meanwhile yob with hoodie who just mugged a granny can't be identified on CCTV. So to get the stats up and fines in we are Public Enemy #1.

i think it is appauling that the law in this country is run like a primary school

do they collect gold stars as well now

What happens when the Army starts doing this....point for each man killed??

It might be a good idea for a door to door salesman but the law!