Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi all,

i looked out of my window on monday and saw a new GS in the car park, wenr down and had a gool at it, i think i looks better than the current model, interior is alright, and there appears to be a bit more space the current one, owner had curber 2 of the alloys already tho!

:D Drove the new GS300se today, had it for two hours, drove back to back with the Audi V6 tdi, BMW 3.0 Tdi sport. It was better than both, quicker than both, economy with heavy right foot 100+ motorway runs, town drive 1/2 hour, all this combined gave 27.7MPG with only 60 miles on the clock. Trying to order one this week, did not want to get out of it. :driving:

Was passed by a black one on the M621 this morning. I'm guessing it was Lexus Leeds' demonstrator as it went off at the nearby junction - looked nice, quite distinctive.

I'd definitely consider it as a next buy.

I saw one today whizzing around the Tesco roundabout in Oldham today I was waiting to get onto.

It looked lovely! In fact it looks fast even when its just standing still!

I'd love one - but No Money! :( :lol:, parking, size and petrol costs would put me off.

Just been for a blast in Leeds' GS430 (Canterbury Blue) this dinner time.....

Verrrry nice! Mid-range acceleration on the V8 was top notch and overall ride and quality typical Lexus quality.

Hey when you stick it in reverse it even dips the side mirrors down for you to see the kerb! Of course the rear view camera makes it all the more simple too!

8 days and counting for our GS430 in Athabasca Shale/Ivory interior...... it's going to seem like a lifetime :driving:

I think the new GS is fantastic. The style is sleek and looks stunning. Much improvement over previous Gs in my opinion.

This is likely to be the car I buy when the time comes to chop the IS200.

:driving:

I'm not too sure about the fuel flap and boot release buttons being on that hidden panel and having to release it and push it back in everytime you want to open them.

:hehe: You will not be filling it up that often, The flap comes down with one press, boot auto closure ( no slamming). B)

I'm not too sure about the fuel flap and boot release buttons being on that hidden panel and having to release it and push it back in everytime you want to open them.

It is stupid although I think the boot has a release button on it so you may not need to use the interior release as much.

It is stupid although I think the boot has a release button on it so you may not need to use the interior release as much.

The boot does have a release on it, but works with the same keyless entry. Therefore, if you're in the car, and someone else needs to open the boot, you'll still have to use that release button.

I didn't mind the fuel release being in there, its the boot release that I thought was a little silly

Btw has anyone seen this?

There's a strange similarity there :shutit:

Went along this afternoon to have a look following an invite I had. Booked a 2 hour test drive in 2 weeks time as there were none avialable today. Certainly looks a nice car.

Is it only me then?

I know that I have had 10 years of estate style cars but the boot seemed like a manhole. Very small aperture for such a long boot - my back couldn't put a case to the back of there.

Also struggled to get out of the front seats.

O.k. for you young ones though?

Is it only me then?

I know that I have had 10 years of estate style cars but the boot seemed like a manhole. Very small aperture for such a long boot - my back couldn't put a case to the back of there.

Also struggled to get out of the front seats.

O.k. for you young ones though?

No I totally agree, I pointed it out to the dealer too. I'm 22, and it hurt me to reach the back of that boot (and if it was wet, and you didn't want your clothes to touch the back of the car, I don't know how you'd get anything out). It does seem a little silly, because the boot is so large but can't really put anything large in it because of that opening ;)

I saw a silver one on the road this morning on my way to work, one of the Lexus dealer sales people was driving it, so I assume he was also heading to work. It wasn't a 430. It didn't stand out much and I had to look twice before I recognised it.

Do you have to have a special handshake to get an invite? ;)

BMW Invited me to drive the new 3-series..........obviously I'm not worthy of a Lexus invite! :P :lol:

Seems like I have to ask - but this shows the Lexus marketing department work better then the BMW one! :hehe:

BMW brought their new 3 series here as well - before the launch.

The BMW rep was ecstatic about the runflat tyres and how it has dramatically increased the boot space not having a spare - sad really :geek:

Lexus have waited till after the launch.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links