Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tracking & Alignment

ukazn

I've just had my car booked in for Tony at Wheels in Motion to have a my geommetry done. Problem is, before I go there I need to know if there is anybody else out there that have had their IS lowered by 35mm or more. There could be a problem getting the equipment on the wheel to have the tracking and alignment done.(I think this is what it is, I'm sure Tony will come along and correct me if I am wrong). Does anybodyknow if there is enough room above the tyre and arch for the equipment to go on. At least 10mm.

I've just had my car booked in for Tony at Wheels in Motion to have a my geommetry done. Problem is, before I go there I need to know if there is anybody else out there that have had their IS lowered by 35mm or more. There could be a problem getting the equipment on the wheel to have the tracking and alignment done.(I think this is what it is, I'm sure Tony will come along and correct me if I am wrong). Does anybodyknow if there is enough room above the tyre and arch for the equipment to go on. At least 10mm.

yes

it doesnt fit :crying:

Thats not good news. Tony asked me to make sure. I've been to some places and have been turned away because they have said that the car was too low.

How am I gonna be able to sort out my tracking and alignment now. :crybaby:

That should be a relief then, Tony asked me to make sure. I've been to some places and have been turned away because they have said that the car was too low.

meant "yes" i am lowered about 35-40 mm

and it wouldnt fit tony`s equipment

have had to go elsewhere :crying:

Thats not good news. Tony asked me to make sure. I've been to some places and have been turned away because they have said that the car was too low.

How am I gonna be able to sort out my tracking and alignment now. :crybaby:

give tony his due, the reason he isnt able to do it is because his equipment was damaged and will cost £untolds to replace

i have been assured that Abbeysports can do it, and will be there next week

Will have to call Tony first thing tomorrow morning and let him know.

Bazza let me know how it goes. Definatly need to get mine done soon as possible as my tyres are wearing so fast on the inside. Only getting about 4-5 months out of them.

Will have to call Tony first thing tomorrow morning and let him know.

Bazza let me know how it goes. Definatly need to get mine done soon as possible as my tyres are wearing so fast on the inside. Only getting about 4-5 months out of them.

ouch !!

I'll be getting mine lowered pretty soon ...... will be on -30mm Eibachs .... does anyone know if this will be ok ?  :blush:

I would get this confirmed by Tony mate but, I am sure he posted that you had to be able to get your hand flat on the top of the wheel.

I had my IS on Eibachs with standard 17's - and you could get your hand in at the front and back.

I would get this confirmed by Tony mate but, I am sure he posted that you had to be able to get your hand flat on the top of the wheel.

I had my IS on Eibachs with standard 17's - and you could get your hand in at the front and back.

Fingers crossed then ! :)

Couldn't you go to a different place which has laser alignment equipment.

Laser alignment equipment attaches to the outiside of the wheel, doesn't need to go between the wheel and the arch at all.

yea he could but Tony is one of the best.........if not the best at his job, this is why us lexus guys come from all over to go to him. :winky:

anyway back to topic. i think he said he need min! of 10mm to get the equipment on ;)

Spoke to Tony this morning, I won't be able to get my geommetry done by him but will be buying tyres. Tony has been very helpful and when I visit him he's gonna give me all the info I need to make sure that wherever I do decide to get it done they will be doing a proper job.

Spoke to Tony this morning, I won't be able to get my geommetry done by him but will be buying tyres. Tony has been very helpful and when I visit him he's gonna give me all the info I need to make sure that wherever I do decide to get it done they will be doing a proper job.

Ukazn, dont give up on the geometry yet! maybe things will be OK, if not could you "borrow" some 17" wheels? i can "forward calculate" the set-up on them? if not then as i said i will profile for you on the 18", by the way your new tyres are in stock now...

Ukazn, dont give up on the geometry yet! maybe things will be OK, if not could you "borrow" some 17" wheels? i can "forward calculate" the set-up on them? if not then as i said i will profile for you on the 18", by the way your new tyres are in stock now...

Great, I hope it will all be okay.

Don't suppose anybody is up for a mini meet on Wednesday morning :whistling:

Great, I hope it will all be okay.

Don't suppose anybody is up for a mini meet on Wednesday morning :whistling:

Im' sure there will be plenty of tyres you could meet up with :D

I'm working Wednesday mate ............. B)

I'm on -35mm PI's on a IS200 Sport 2000 on a W

Tyres are 215/45 Eagle F1's on standard 17"

Got the Geo done yesterday by Dr Bones and the kit fitted no probs.

I'm on -35mm PI's on a IS200 Sport 2000 on a W

Tyres are 215/45 Eagle F1's on standard 17"

Got the Geo done yesterday by Dr Bones and the kit fitted no probs.

Great stuff mate, so that means my -30mm with OEM 17"'s should be fine !

I just need to put the springs on now .............. (ukazn) hint hint !!!!!