Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've Had A Crash!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi there

not posted for a long time as i changed my lexus for a beemer about 18 months ago then a jag and im looking again at a sportcross(3rd childs needs)

the reason why i exchanged my is(with sat nav) was due to me sticking it in a lampost side on into the drivers door.

john my damage was no where near as bad as yours as you have listed on the parts list,and mine went to direct line in saford where they tried to repair it except it kept jumping of the jig(aparantley the guy working on it refused to do so as it was dangerous(this i was told later)so d/l sent it to lexus who sent it straight back saying it needed a shell and extensive straitening.direct line then tried to strip it down to verify this and it took six weeks in all for them to settle on it wasnt repairable.

i knew this the moment i come round from the daze my passenger had inflicted on me when he headbutted me when the lampost brought the car to an abrupt halt(not saying what speed i was doing)that the car was unrepairable so i would be asking for a second opinion as i did as i was not prepared to drive a potential deathtrap

dont forget is's are lightweight shells and bend easiley

all the best and i hope i havent put you on a downer

and you will get another is no probs just ring round all the dealers in you area telling them your predicament and im sure the calls will come flooding in as mine did when i went looking for kmy original is

all the best

lapat

blimey :huh: sounds like a nasty accident you had there mate, cant believe it took em that long to say ur car was unrepairable! hope that doesnt happen to me :unsure: i will be checking on the progress of the repairs closely and will keep rejecting it till im 100% happy.

latest is that repairs have now been authorised and lexus stockport say its gonna take 4 weeks to repair :o so no lex for japfest and maybe no lex for the scotland tour either :ohmy:

im taking this opportunity to get my bodykit fitted too :)

latest is that repairs have now been authorised and lexus stockport say its gonna take 4 weeks to repair :o so no lex for japfest and maybe no lex for the scotland tour either :ohmy:

4 weeks? :ohmy: Are they really lazy, or is the damage that serious? That sounds a little ridiculous ;)

4 weeks? :ohmy: Are they really lazy, or is the damage that serious? That sounds a little ridiculous ;)

It took over a week just for my door!

It took over a week just for my door!

My car's going in monday, and its got quite severe rear-end damage, getting a new boot, wings, bumper, boot floor, etc, and they said it should be done in 7-10 days

That's the kind of time bodywork should take, isn't it?

When I had similar to you Parthiban in the Avensis, they had it for a good 3 weeks, and even then didn't get it right first time.

7 days would be pushing it maybe ;) unless 10 working days, but even then...

When I had similar to you Parthiban in the Avensis, they had it for a good 3 weeks, and even then didn't get it right first time.

7 days would be pushing it maybe  ;)  unless 10 working days, but even then...

Hopefully Woodford will be more reliable than Jemca, I've had enough "wasn't right the first times" to last a lifetime! I don't think I'll be able to handle another 4 month screw-up without goin totally nuts! :yahoo:

• 4 weeks later...

just had news that repairs have finally started!!!! woo hooooo!!!!!!

estimated date for the return of my poor baby is the 24th june. another month in a beemer :ohmy::sick:

My IS went into Stockport and then sent to Smith Knight Fay after being hit up the rear on the motorway, just short of £4000 damage.

They estimated 4 weeks for my repair, eventually got it back after 10 weeks!!!!!!

I rejected it twice, the first time it was a disgrace with drip marks in the paintwork and a chunk gone out of my spoiler!

My rear light cluster has been re-fitted by Lexus Stockport 3 times since and still keeps falling away! :angry:

Wish they'd wrote it off!!

My IS went into Stockport and then sent to Smith Knight Fay after being hit up the rear on the motorway, just short of £4000 damage.

They estimated 4 weeks for my repair, eventually got it back after 10 weeks!!!!!!

I rejected it twice, the first time it was a disgrace with drip marks in the paintwork and a chunk gone out of my spoiler!

My rear light cluster has been re-fitted by Lexus Stockport 3 times since and still keeps falling away! :angry:

that's exactly what i dont want to hear!!! that sounds like a right night mare mate, who was you dealing with there, was it a David Lindsey? if that happens to me i will kill someone.

how long ago was this?

That was what I was worried about, had exactly the same sort of thing, £4500 damage from rear end impact. Thankfully, took it to Lexus Woodford, who said it would take 2 weeks, and it didn't take a day longer. Had the use of a nice '05' IS anyway, and it even had satnav so I wasn't put out at all :winky:

Only problem was that they haven't stuck the IS200 badge back on perfectly (but that isn't really a major issue anyway, and they're going to get me a new one :D )

@ Wosket: Can't believe they've only just started work on your car :o Have an awful memory but I thought your car was supposed to have repairs started before mine went into the garage :unsure:

I think he was the guy I eventually dealt with but before that it was some woman...she wasn't very lady like!!!

First time i went to pick it up and it was a mess she told me that considering it had been hit on the motorway so probably at high speed they had done a PRETTY GOOD JOB! You can probably imagine my response to her.

The car went in late November 2004 and I got it back at start February 2005

Just check it VERY closely!

@ Wosket: Can't believe they've only just started work on your car  :o  Have an awful memory but I thought your car was supposed to have repairs started before mine went into the garage  :unsure:

tell me about it!!!! they've had the car for 6 weeks! insurance co first sent approval for repairs on 5 May via a telephone call, letter and fax, Smith Knight Faye kept saying they hadnt received approval. Finally they have after it being resent several times and so work begins....

I think he was the guy I eventually dealt with but before that it was some woman...she wasn't very lady like!!!

First time i went to pick it up and it was a mess she told me that considering it had been hit on the motorway so probably at high speed they had done a PRETTY GOOD JOB! You can probably imagine my response to her.

The car went in late November 2004 and I got it back at start February 2005

Just check it VERY closely!

i think i know which 'lady' you are referring to, she got very stroppy with me on the telephonic communicator.

i wont be accepting any crap off them in any way shape or form, i'm wound up enough about the whole thing as it is! :shutit:

That sounds like 'her'!!!

When i eventually picked the car up on the way home the brake warning light came on but thought i'd carry on home rather than turn back as i was closer to home.

Eventually got through on the phone the next morning and unfortunately she picked up. Asked her what she was going to do about it.......

Her reply was that is was purely coincidental that the light came on and it was down to my own servicing issues to resolve the problem and i should take it to my local dealer.

Turns out there was some kind of sensor in the rear quarter that had been crushed and they had overlooked this in the 10 weeks they had it!

I'm starting to get mad just thinking about it again

'Lexus Approved'...does that actually mean anything apart from a paintwork warranty?

• 4 weeks later...

well, i've been to see the car today, paintjob looks good, suspension parts that need replacing are being done today and then its just a case of fitting new replacement alloys. so it should be ready tomorrow afternoon/monday morning after QC and a valet. i think its more likely that it will be ready on monday though. i'll be going over it with a fine tooth comb when i get the call to collect it, it was on a ramp today so i couldnt inspect it too closely but what i could see looked very good.

cant wait to get it back! :D

well, i've been to see the car today, paintjob looks good, suspension parts that need replacing are being done today and then its just a case of fitting new replacement alloys. so it should be ready tomorrow afternoon/monday morning after QC and a valet. i think its  more likely that it will be ready on monday though. i'll be going over it with a fine tooth comb when i get the call to collect it, it was on a ramp today so i couldnt inspect it too closely but what i could see looked very good.

Does that mean your Avatar is going to change :question: , juat getting used to the bent Lex :D

• 2 weeks later...
it should be ready tomorrow afternoon/monday morning after QC and a valet. i think its  more likely that it will be ready on monday though. i'll be going over it with a fine tooth comb when i get the call to collect it, it was on a ramp today so i couldnt inspect it too closely but what i could see looked very good.

So are you happy with the finish John :question: have you posted any pics of her yet :mat:

it should be ready tomorrow afternoon/monday morning after QC and a valet. i think its  more likely that it will be ready on monday though. i'll be going over it with a fine tooth comb when i get the call to collect it, it was on a ramp today so i couldnt inspect it too closely but what i could see looked very good.

So are you happy with the finish John :question: have you posted any pics of her yet :mat:

few issues mate, will post everything up a bit later time permitting, its great to have her back though! :D