Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

just had my rear passenger tire go flat on me, bit dissapointed as its only 2 months old. any whoo, the choice for tires out there is staggering, so im throwing myself to you knowledge (i must be mad). i can get these for this

conti sports £174.00

nankangs £115 (dont laugh i got 2 of these on the rear, they were free)

pirelli p0 £186

dunlop £165

what do u lot recomend for a mk1 sport? what was oem tyres and are they crap?.

got nankangs on rear and very warn p0 at front

going to get 4 when i get my wheels re machined later

Ta

Steve

I'll be using Kumho K19 on mine when the alloy's are on, I get these from Mytyres.co.uk, I think there was a link in the Gold Members section that can do these even cheaper

nankangs £115 (dont laugh i got 2 of these on the rear, they were free)

Steve

When i had new tyres on my IS they talked me into Nankang Sports(they are Toyo's),i wasn't sure at the time but he said if your NOT happy with them after 2k miles i will replace them with whatever you want (hes a m8) for free!!!

My car was at -50mm at the time and im now back to STD suspension settings,and i have to say i have not been back to change them i've found them to have good grip (in wet and dry) and the grip under heavy braking is as good as any leading tyre brand.....i'll know more on the tyre wear next week after visiting WIM.

Overall im more than happy with them.

just got one quote from one place at the mo,

more important stuff now, dads just been given me my insurance renewal letter 500 tpft for the gs i think im going to be ringing round for insurance before tyres :)

signed up for gold a few hours ago , as i felt pressurised by Raz's dual post :)

tesco were a tad more exp than that for me by a few hundred quid, so im going to have a look at the post office insurance as i work for the PO might get a staff discount :)

churchill FC 560 TPFT 341

direct line FC 539 tpft 399

going to try tesco again

Steve

Now that you've signed up for Gold, there is a company in there for the insurance - been with them for 3 years now - only paying £600, max NCB (protected) for Aristo TT, not bad, everyone else had quoted me £800 +

This will save you some more money to had to extra mods, cheap place for tyres and insurance, got to be worth the £25 P/A, has easly saved me well over £500 this year alone

BR

Paul