Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Easy To Replace A Lexus Headunit With A Pioneer?

DRFRAME

Does anyone know if I can replace the headunit in a 1997 ES300 with a new Pioneer headunit that will still control the Lexus CD changer in the glovebox?

I have a Japanese equivalent of a 1997 ES300, a 1997 Windom. The stereo's headunit includes TV, Navigation etc... , it has 7 speakers and the usual Lexus 6 disc changer in the glovebox. The screen on the headunit has died and I need to replace the headunit. The navigation screen is too costly to replace considering there is no navigation software for it for my country, New Zealand.

I know the stereo system was made by Pioneer and Nakamichi and hope I could easily change it over, but want to make sure before I spend the money on the Pioneer one (probably a DEH-P2650 or DEH-P4650MP, both have changer controls).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There

I also have a 1996 Windom 3.0G where the screen has dies and also that it is in the horizontal flat position. I can not make it go vertical. On the other hand, the head unit CD and cassette work. But the 6 CD changer in the glove box does not.

1. Have you found a solution to your problem?

2. Do you know whether the screen can be fixed?

3. Can the drive mechanism be fixed to go vertical again? as this is what is stopping the 6 CD changer to work?

Look forward to hearing from you or anyone. My email is Jitesh.Kumar@paradise.net.nz

Based in Wellington

Does anyone know if I can replace the headunit in a 1997 ES300 with a new Pioneer headunit that will still control the Lexus CD changer in the glovebox?

I have a Japanese equivalent of a 1997 ES300, a 1997 Windom. The stereo's headunit includes TV, Navigation etc... , it has 7 speakers and the usual Lexus 6 disc changer in the glovebox. The screen on the headunit has died and I need to replace the headunit. The navigation screen is too costly to replace considering there is no navigation software for it for my country, New Zealand.

I know the stereo system was made by Pioneer and Nakamichi and hope I could easily change it over, but want to make sure before I spend the money on the Pioneer one (probably a DEH-P2650 or DEH-P4650MP, both have changer controls).

http://www.installer-data.com/item/display....php?it=99-8155DRFRAME,Apr 17 2005, 08:54 PM]

i plan on doing the same thing

you need a mounting bracket to replace the big factory radio

i found one here: http://www.installer-data.com/item/display....php?it=99-8155