Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who Has A Boost Guage

i went to eventually fit mine ( been sitting on the shelf for 6 months!) plumbed it into the top line (i think?) next to the throttle body and i am getting naff all - the guage works if u suck/blow on it.

now before i buy a connector piece / do some trouble shooting, thos ethat have a boost guage can u have a quick look and see which line u have urs connected into pls??

ta rob.

yep problem is solved, my own fault really, didnt look at the pipe routing properly, now just to get a guage with a smaller scale.

Have you thought about an SPA Design Gauge, thats what I use. Duel Digital readout; mines a boost and EGT, backlit, very accurate self scaling. fits any 52mm pod and comes with all sensors and loom

finished007.jpg

The boost and EGT are £275 :whistling:

standard boost and temp are £150.

If you think about it though, thats 2 gauges. You will pay 80 quid for a quality one without any sensors !!

No probs though, not trying to sell you one, just thought i would mention it.

Also, you may struggle to find a standard gauge with the low scale. Let us know if you cant find anything, as we also do the full Mocal range

• 6 months later...

Hi Owen,

HERE IS THE PIC u can clearly see the 2 pipes below the throttle body, and if u look below the cable drum on the throttle body u can see a small brass tube - ok?

now look at the lower and shorter of those 2 pipes - that pipe will go to the brass tube, that is the one you want.

Infact you can see the white plastic t-piece for a boost gauge fitted to that pipe.

If I can remember correctly from the last time I looked, my boost gauge was plumbed straight into the throttle body somehow. I could be wrong though as it was only a quick glimpse I got.

Also about the boost you get with the s/c. I usually only got just below .3bar. I can only remember getting .3bar on one occasion. but hey......I've got .5 bar now so who cares :P :P

If I can remember correctly from the last time I looked, my boost gauge was plumbed straight into the throttle body somehow. I could be wrong though as it was only a quick glimpse I got.

Also about the boost you get with the s/c. I usually only got just below .3bar. I can only remember getting .3bar on one occasion. but hey......I've got .5 bar now so who cares :P  :P

Yeah well boost isn't everything!!!

Its what you do with the boost you got that counts lol

I'll take my .3bar thank you very much!

Rob

you know that brass inlet pipe in that pic of you post above, is it possible to disconnect the original tube connected to it like whats shown in your picture, as it would be a hell of alot easier to install t-section with pipe length exposed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links