Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is Or Rx?

jasons

I'm not sure what to get...

I change my car every year (have to, its an Toyota employee purchase car).

I can have anything Lexus wise and was in my mind getting a fully spec'd up RX, however looks like I'm going to be doing a cr@ppy comute either across town (london) or down to ashford(in Kent) every day so fuel consumption is going to be an issue.

Or I can just get another IS, either way, I wont be able to get the new model IS and wont be able to get a hybrid RX until next year.

In terms of cost its only £50 difference between the IS(auto SE) and RX(se-l).

So what do you thinK?

RX- extra £50 p/month plus extra fuel

or

IS?

Also think I should mention that my wifes due to give birth in 7 weeks, she thinks we should save the money (she has just ordered her new Rav, which I pay for!!)

I think I should get the RX and then get the new model IS next year and enjoy it while I can afford it! :D

Cheers guys,

J

IS gets my vote. There just to darn sexy!! Although the RX would be nice as a change but you will probably miss the IS as its a completely different vehicle to the RX.

If the IS is also better in terms of economy, then again IS!!!

All in all the IS!!!!!! :lol:

depends what you need from the car - as I am certain you are aware they are very different cars.

Myself - I would the RX, I've had two IS's - and the "been there done that" element would be too strong, so the RX would make a nice change.

If I was you - I would go with the IS, cheaper to run and insure - important factor for a chap with a littl'un on the way

Well I have a RX and have a 14 month old boy to cart around in it...and it is excellent, really easy to get him in/out of the baby seat. That was one of the main reasons I got one. Plus wife eventually wants number 2 so will need the space..

MPG...about 20 on my usual short around town trips, 27 on longer motorway trips.. probably more if I behaved myself more. Aiming for about 30 when engine loosens off a wee bit.

Why not aim for the SE rather than SE-L..that way brings cost difference down (£4k less), plus SE is lighter than SE-L, should do more MPG and gets better reviews for ride comfort (strange with the SE-L having air suspension).

Thanks for the reply guys!

Just a couple of points-

I dont pay for insurance the car cars come withit, (just as well, as earlier this year I had nine points!)

In terms of cost, its only £10 p/month difference between the SE and SE-L.

Cheers,

Jason

I'm another convert from IS to RX, but I do miss having a car I can throw around a country lane when I'm by myself (i.e. no family members on board).

We bought the RX after Sprog II arrived because he didn't fit behind me (I'm unfeasibly large) without him losing a length of shin and I hated driving the wife's Scenic (plus being a Renault it very rarely works).

The RX is great for families because it's huge, I think the whole design is a scaled down version of the US Marine Corps' helicopter landing ships, down to the big power door on the stern ! But this is exactly what you need, you will be amazed how such small creatures require such a massive amount of kit.

Fuel consumption is between 20 and 25 mpg depending on traffic, how fast you drive and whether you love being chilled on route (aircon). It is a great way to travel when you have the family on board, you can waft around in your big comfy armchair ignoring the rest of the world ! Just can't do the hooligan thing which is why I'm now allowed to have an exec saloon to go with the RX (which the wife will have) instead of the awful aforementioned Scenic.

Thanks for the reply guys!

Just a couple of points-

I dont pay for insurance the car cars come withit, (just as well, as earlier this year I had nine points!)

In terms of cost, its only £10 p/month difference between the SE and SE-L.

Cheers,

Jason

Go for the SE-L. Most SE owners claim the steel springs are better, but having lived with one for a month whilst mine had minor cosmetic work I can honestly say I don't agree with them.

And the Levinson is soooo worth the extra money, it sounds great and next time some scrote cuts you up, just smile and remember that your stereo cost more than his car !

I have an RX so I'm biased though I did have a lone of an IS and loved it. Fuel consumption may be an issue with town driving but then the IS ain't that great either is it?

One final thing, if you get the RX you will quickly hate your wifes RAV4, the difference in quality and finish is quite something, trust me, my mate has a RAV and it's not a patch on the RX.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links