Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Many...

Can someone please tell me how many IS200's are likely to have been made, sold, and still on the road since they first were produced? :driving:

When were they first produced?

Maybe a few facts n figures, and comparisons with other luxury cars would be cool, cos then i'd be able to get an idea of how "common" or uncommon they are.

This post only applies to UK IS200's please :D

I'm sure someone has the knowledge to enlighten me B)

I've seen many T reg ones, and now they are getting on for 6 years old there's so many of them around you get alot of quality car for your 7-8 grand that some are going for these days.

to be honest i see very few, and i presume it bears a relation to the proximity of a dealership.

now if you did a % comparison to audi or bmw, i would venture that Lexus are virtually nonexistant!

I actually did a paper on the strategy for L vs bmw and i did find a site that lists lasts years sales, but don`t know about since release.

i seem to remember its a downloadable excel s/s from the british assoc of car manufacturers.

Essentially if you went to usa they are everywhere, being the topselling prestige marque, but these are predominantly SUVS.

Now SUVS don`t sell nearly the same in europe, and because there was no diesel variant, europe essentially kept with the german marques.

Also bmw offer some 65+variants on their models, and the british in particular have a nobsyndrome about badge prestige.

I know it doesn`t answer the IS200 builds question, but thought that info might help.

Besides i love the fact that i can find my car in the car park!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

And am not a fleet/ generic/ corporate targeted sheep :tomato:

Well here in Leeds

there's loads of em

mainly IS200's

Ive only ever seen about 5 GS's and 3 LS's in leeds in the last 2 years of going to and from work.

one time I parked in a public multi story and parked my Aztec Fire IS200 inbetween 2 other Aztec Fire IS200's, Wish I had taken a photo lol

@ Zee(Lots made. Lots sold. Lots on the road.) seem to be all round where i live at the mo,when i first bought mine there was 1 but now i see loads!!!!

I decided to get an IS, based on the rare spottings I made on the road.

Hardly ever saw one.

Went up to Lexus to pick my brand new one up - and saw about 15 just on the 7 motorway junction drive home. :rolleyes:

@ Zee(Lots made. Lots sold. Lots on the road.) seem to be all round where i live at the mo,when i first bought mine there was 1 but now i see loads!!!!

I decided to get an IS, based on the rare spottings I made on the road.

Hardly ever saw one.

Went up to Lexus to pick my brand new one up - and saw about 15 just on the 7 motorway junction drive home. :rolleyes:

common as muck up here mate

not so gs,ls, rocking horse thingy :driving:

thats all varients

altezza incl Gita

is200 incl Sportcross

is300 incl sportcross

damn is that the real figure?

that's alot :(

i think theres around 300 in my area. and i'm in a tiny segment of london.

thats all varients

altezza incl Gita

is200 incl Sportcross

is300 incl sportcross

damn is that the real figure?

that's alot :(

i think theres around 300 in my area. and i'm in a tiny segment of london.

erm, no it isn`t..................how many cars are on uk roads at the moment, and how many have been on the road since the launch of Lexus (not just the IS)

it`s a drop in a VERY large ocean

uk car count at the end of June 2001 is 26,742,967

source : http://www.autoindustry.co.uk/news/press_releases/pr-UK30

also sourced this from the same page>>>

MAKE - VOLUME - PERCENTAGE

FORD 5,554,796 20.8%

VAUX'LL 3,715,326 13.9%

ROVER 2,005,127 7.5%

PEUGEOT 1,887,902 7.1%

VW 1,588,706 5.9%

RENAULT 1,481,930 5.5%

NISSAN 1,347,255 5.0%

CITROEN 878,189 3.3%

FIAT 836,993 3.1%

TOYOTA 827,321 3.1%

recent statistics would be great someone?! :)

thats all varients

altezza incl Gita

is200 incl Sportcross

is300 incl sportcross

Are those the UK or worldwide firgues Mat?

Asking because the tezz was never sold here..

• 15 years later...

I own an original fully loaded is200 sport from 1999 .. my mate owned it for 9 years bought it from a Lexus dealer who owned it from new,  did 3 thou a year maintained it no expense spared. I paid £1000 for it put a new clutch in, full Service, gearbox oil, diff oil, four tires and had the tracking done .. be good for another 100k .. you would pay five grand for the German equivalent nowadays to get worse reliability than an IS that you could get for a grand . Japanese quality of the 90’s is a good investment, either the to use as a work horse or to appreciate what it it is knowing it will only rise in value.. amazing car.. only wish it was a rs200 4 pot and didn’t have a the throttle that had a proper **** mind of it’s own, rant over a good day to all 👍🏻

• 6 months later...