Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Poor Cars Foglight Hell........

Today i decided to change the fog bulbs on the front of my 99 auto.....Oh how i wish i hadnt, I did the nearside one which was fine and the bulb was working in this one but changed it for an easy life in case it blows soon.

I then moved on too the offside one what a pain, The light unit has totally disintegrated this is what it looks like.

Looks like im on the hunt for a new one now, so a few questions,

Anyone have one they want to sell drivers side 99 auto? I think from what i have read before the auto and manual ones are different, Is this correct?

How much is a new one from lexus?? are they better made than this one.

So now i will have to go out and clean the lights every few months too stop this happening again :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Nick

post-5492-1114268865.jpg

post-5492-1114269033.jpg

The slots that hold the bulb have completely gone when i started to clean it up it just fell away on the path its like ash that came out of it, Totally shot, i think i may send it too Lexus GB and show them how bad it is, I doubt they will do anything but may get lucky!!

I just bought a new house so £100 ++ wont go down very well at the moment.

Nick

Can anyone confirm the manuals and autos have different lights, Or was it just the auto ones break and the manuals dont, i cant find where i read it here or if i just made it up in my head, Nick

RH side fog on e-bay dont know whether its the one you need but worth a look

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...7969414999&rd=1

Thats the one, now just see what happens with it, Was going to check eBay later! so saved me a job now cheers Nick

I got a pair of brand new one from eBay for £75 and they keep being listed, my advice just be patient and keep looking.

I have found a way to stop this corrosion happening again.

Look at the plastic wheel arch guard directly behind the fog light and you will see several veritical slits. This is where the water and dirt splashes off your tyres and forces it through these slits and onto the back of your fog light housing, thus creating corrosion. Pull the plastic forward and get some black duct tape and tape the slits up from the inside, this will stop any further water or dirt being forced into the back of your fog light housing.

Good luck.

Not sure if i am right here but maybe the slits are to get more cold airflow onto the front discs to cool them down ,being an auto they will get hotter than the manual version. so i would check it out with your dealer first or you might suffer serious brake fade just when you dont want it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links