Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS 200 Sport Styling for sale ?

Stitcher

My wife is expecting our first baby in December and the it looks like the IS has to go. Thinking of upgrading to RX 300 or IS300 Sportcross. Anyone got any idea of the boot size on the sportcross compared to the Saloon.

Paid £24,500 for my IS 4 months ago. Thinking around £22,000 private ?

The boot in a sportcross looks smaller than a saloon! The floor seems higher but at least you can remove the parcel shelf for more height and fold the seats down. I've 2 children - aged 2 and 6 when I bought my IS200 and the boot has always been big enough for our needs including push chair, luggage for hols etc. If you plan on taking lots of luggage, travel cot, steriliser, buggy etc on holiday then you might find the saloon boot a bit tight perhaps.

Stitcher, I actually got an IS200 as a sensible car once I knew I was having a baby (also our first). I find the boot space fine for transporting a travel cot, pushchair and assorted baby paraphernalia.

The BEST feature about the IS200 is that rear belts are designed to take a kiddie seat. They are plenty long enough and have a locking mechanism for added security. Try pulling the belt out as far as possible, it then seems to lock and when you release the belt, it ratchets back a little at a time but won't pull back out again.

On a Lexus driving day I looked at the Sportscoss and took it out for a play. I looked at the stats of the boot vs the one on the IS200 and it is actually smaller.

I've also had the RX300 for a couple of days when my car's been in the garage. Again, a nice vehicle but obviously totally different drive. Plenty of space and a luxurious feel but it only does approx. 19 miles to the gallon which would be impractical for me.

What ever you decide to go for enjoy, but if you are only looking at getting rid of your car because it may be impractical, it may reassure you to know it's been fine for us, our 7 month old and the dog !

Thanks for the replies, most reassuring. I phoned my local dealer today and he tried to put me into an IS 200 Sportcross out next month he said.

I'm glad I posted this on the site though as it sounds like the current car will be okay and I've saved myself about £5000 .

Cheers.

i seen a sportcross and i dnt like it at all (personnal preference) dnt really look big either boot wise. maybe only advantage is of folding rear seats.

boot in IS is massive good for the airport runs when i gotta take family, worth it coz i get all the house to myself!!:D

IS is a good size car fit 2 ladies comfortably and always keep armrest down as it looks better and stops them fighting...........haha:lol::P:D

wot begging letter?

yeah forget the bank manager, they think im a dealer at my bank as they dont know where i work and i turn up to bank whenever i feel like it, normally jus keep cash at home then take it in 1 go (it aint that much) if u listen to ur bank manager all the time they jus want u to save all ur cash and take out a loan even though u can afford it just so you can pay interest.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links