Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Highest milage IS200

Hi Guys, this is my first time so be gentle with me!

I bought my Platinum Ice IS200 new in April 1999 and I have just booked it in for it's 90,000 mile service. Apart from the usual service and tyres it has been totally reliable.

Wow! I was wondering if anyone knows what the optimum age for a properly run-in engine is, I guess you must know, ButlerBoy! Welcome.

I ask because I thought my car was all done with running in and it's going to stay this way (12k+) and the other day, I noted or thought that it was smoother and slightly free-er.

90k in 3 years! Must have spent every single day with it.... lots of bonding! Really nothing else but the tyres and the parts for each service?? Sounds good to me!

• 1 month later...

when I picked my car up, the sales manager pointed out that the service manual went up to 180,000 mile service.

He said this wasn;t for show, it was fully expected for the vehicle to reach that mileage, if not more.

This was when I was picking the car up mind - had no need to 'sell' me on the car (I just wanted the keys ;);) )

Never buy a car from the great trade centre, NEVER, my mate works there, they have the worse cars!!!

Best place is auctions, I go regulary, goto the big auctions in the day, not the evening ones as most of the cars are trade entries, buy the cars that come direct from companies!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi all.i'm a new member but bought my saphire blue,

1999 t reg sport back in march,it had 128,500 miles when i bought it but did 2000 miles in france during the summer with no problems but did notice a droning noise whilst in 6th doing around 90 mph.

It now has 134,500miles on it and have just booked it in for a service,not sure what it will cost me yet!

Only other thing is the wheels are pitted a lot so am going to buy a new set,other than that it is a fantastic car and was well impressed when i drove it for the first time.

I bought my 99 V reg SE with 47K on the clock last month, when i get it back from the slowest repair centre ever (Diesel spill = car made friends with an armco barrier) I shall be racking up high miles, my last car was a company one, had a Scooby Turbo and took that to 64K in a year. Is THAT a record?!

• 2 weeks later...

I had same problem. If you are adventurous enough, find a CD that you are not TOO fond of first.

What you must do is continuously go back and forth between the CDs in the changer, then try to get to the CD that is stuck. If it doesn't come out after a while, then the computer might suggest that there is no CD in the slot at all. So after this, press 'load' to load a CD into the slot that has the stuck CD in it (it will be allowed by the hi-fi), then see what happens - it might realise that something is wrong, eject the newly inserted CD and then show that there is another in the slot, then you could eject that one - once you have it back, never put it back in! I have had problems with only one particular CD, had to go through this twice.