Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Drury Lane Manchester

T7RY B

Had new springs fitted to my car yesterday lowered 30mm. Had it booked in this morning at Drury Lane ( As recommended by Tony Bones) Wheels-in-motion.

He didn't have the equipment in to do the full check (New equipment coming in 2 weeks ) cos the wheels are 20" but did a camber check. He is confident on his preliminary check that the car is 99% okay. No charge !! Had a good chat with him what a really nice guy, a true professional and a great set up he's got there. Well back in a fortnight to get the all clear.

If any of you guys need to have it done up in the North West then this is the guy to talk to.

Thanks to Tony Bones for his recommendation.

Reply from Tony ( Wheels in Motion ) to my pm.

All reads good, we do from time to time need update eqip, so the response seems valide, that fact that Drury recoverd the geometry initialy without cost compliments the company, Drury knows that wheels-inmotion is "watching" so your mention does carry some "Ammo" as does LOC, the "couple" of weeks is sound advice, good for you, and good for Drury....

let me know how things go!

I was talking to Paul last week (the owner of Drury Lane) and he mentioned about the new machinary - apparently its costs £100K!! :o

The new equipment will allow them to perform geometry checks much quicker and I'd assume cheaper.

Paul was saying that he would like to have a "geometry check day" once its all setup for LOC Members so that we get a free check and Paul and his boys can get used to the machine!

Really nice guy! :D

I think I'll check these guys out.

I was hoping to go ands see Tony, as I was planning a trip down south on business.

this will happen now - but I am travelling down on monday, which is a bank holiday, so I wont be able to  :(

All i can say about Drury is they seem spot on! i dont own geometry but i do feel that "trust" is somthing i can export, Drury welcome LOC with a price structure that i set, to date they have been experts.

I was talking to Paul last week (the owner of Drury Lane) and he mentioned about the new machinary - apparently its costs £100K!! :o

The new equipment will allow them to perform geometry checks much quicker  and I'd assume cheaper.

Paul was saying that he would like to have a "geometry check day" once its all setup for LOC Members so that we get a free check and Paul and his boys can get used to the machine!

Really nice guy! :D

Yes I found him to be really helpful . That would be okay for the LOC lads to get a free check up. I think the new kit is coming the middle of May. That's when mine has to go back. But a smashing fella.

Dont forget chaps, you are the ones paying for this beit me Paul or whoever, this sevice is somthing that has been denied for a long time. Thanks to LOC this area is at last addressed with the control and pricing that makes companys sit-up and give results, good for us all i think!

• 8 months later...

Had mine done the other week at drury lane. very friendly and certainly know what they are doing. good service and can recomend them.

apparently had my geometry done by lexus at the start of the year but drury lane said most of the adjustments were seized very badly and no way could have been done in the last few years. Will definately be going no where near a lexus dealers for services or work in the future but will definately go back to drury lane for my geo

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one Jim :winky: Anees is sorting a meeting out sometime for LOC members FREE :D

Sounds good, be nice to meet some of the members from up north.

Watford meet was a really good day.

Bursting a bubble... things at the mo are not thumbs up with Drury Lane!

Nice one Jim :winky: Anees is sorting a meeting out sometime for LOC members FREE :D

Why, whats up tony :question:

Very unhappy customer HERE

Read the thread 'geometry done wrong for the 3rd time' and make your own mind up.

I am very p :tsktsk: f with this current situation.

Drury Lane is recommended in WIM, despite my conversation with Paul regarding this complaint they charged £50 to (not) resolve the customers concerns..........I'll stop now because as i type i am getting more and more angry.......

I recently had mine done, but am finding the car very floaty and feels unstable going round corners. Initially I thought it would just take some getting used to but it still feels floaty. I have not been back to drury lane yet but after reading the other thread I don't want to be charged £50 for the privilage of having a re-check.

Attached is my print out. Hopefully the Dr will be along to give me some advice

post-4528-1136891048.jpg

I recently had mine done, but am finding the car very floaty and feels unstable going round corners. Initially I thought it would just take some getting used to but it still feels floaty. I have not been back to drury lane yet but after reading the other thread I don't want to be charged £50 for the privilage of having a re-check.

Attached is my print out. Hopefully the Dr will be along to give me some advice

post-4528-1136891048.jpg

The camber positions should be balanced.... between the four adjusters on the rear camber/camber toe/toe this would be very possible....... camber position is vital on a RWD since it's position expresses the application of thrust and delivers conical compression on corners.

The front camber position and the maxed out adjusters is unusual with only a 30mm suspension drop, my position with Drury rests within the cynical in view of recent events and zero reply...... so i do wonder are the cams maxed out?

I don't know what has gone wrong at Drury.... i can only assume they have a new operator playing 'bluff', over the last year or so the results from Drury have been some of the best i have seen..... and i have seen quite a few, so it's with teary eyes i scorn the centre at this level......

Jim,

Im sure if you go back they will have a look for free. Get it clear over the phone first before you go. Did they explain your report to you? I usually get a comprehensive expanation with mine and get told to check for things such as uneven tyre wear. Also if you are not leaving the car with them, then go and watch them doing the geometry, and they usually explain what they are going step by step (plus tea!) :hehe:

I've not had any problems with them and will be going there for my next geometry check unless I get the chance to be in London then I can let Dr Bones do his magic. :D

When I eventually get around to fitting my 10" rears I was going to take a trip up to Drury lane cos its not far from me.

Think I will give it a miss for a while now.

Go to Drury Lane!

There is a need to ask 'why' Drury are #1 in my 'trusted centres' section... the reason is the reports sent to me time after time to validate are spot on Note: i receive ten or so a day World/UK so validation is common with WIM.

My recommendation through WIM has to be without question and if things go wrong i take it personally, of the two recent failings one had a catalogue of mistakes and made me very angry...

A concerned business would stick out it's chin and do the right thing..... Drury have!

Today i have spoken to Paul and he is deeply upset this has evolved.... in house system tests and additional quality controls have been applied.

So with reinforced respect and a continuation of the normal (spot on) reports sent to me 'DRURY LANE' stay #1 in WIM.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links