Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Calipers

Trying to get my calipers painted, and they keep asking what colour, and I'm still not sure. I've searched on here, and found loads of pics of black ones, but can't find any silver ones. Has anyone got any pics of silver calipers (with black stickers if poss)?

Just not sure whether the silver calipers behind the silver wheels will stand out as nicely. Also which ones will age better (with grime, etc.)?

Thanks in advance :)

why not go blue with the calipers to match your IS?

I didn't really want to make that much of a statement (if I did I'd prob do them red anyway :winky: ) Looking for something a bit understated

So does anyone have any pics of silver calipers?

I'm doing mine soon ........ (Granite Sky) .......... I'll be doing them in Black ......... not too much in your face, and it will also make my silver decals stand out  :D

Black works for me. And there's a good collection of pics here.

And some instructions on how to do it here.

Front:

Front.jpg

and rear:

Rear.jpg

Thanks for that. Lots of good info there, but still no silver calipers with silver wheels. I think I agree with Scarface, the black calipers with silver stickers will show up really well and be the kind of look I want

Well, until I saw this:

I love the black chrome on the alloys! That's about £70 a wheel tho isn't it? :crybaby:

:D

Are those yours, sorry didn't pay attention to whose it was, they looked so awesome! You have any more pics of them on the car? Did the alloys come like that or did you have them refurbished with that finish?

They came with the car? (just noticed you're in Australia, things must be better!) I'm totally loving those wheels, thought they'd look good on my blue car (cos its dark) but they look great on your silver one too :)

Do they still have the machined edge, or is it black chrome all over?

Dudes.... i wanna paint my calipers black but they bit rusty.....would it be ok to paint over them.

i thought bout buy new calipers for all 4 brakes phoned up lexus cardiff and the bloke goes 290 + VAT each caliper. so we talkin 290 x 4. he must have misunderstood me...surely they cant be that bad.

any1 with info please please tell

Dudes.... i wanna paint my calipers black but they bit rusty.....would it be ok to paint over them.

i thought bout buy new calipers for all 4 brakes phoned up lexus cardiff and the bloke goes 290 + VAT each caliper. so we talkin 290 x 4. he must have misunderstood me...surely they cant be that bad.

Get yourself one of those wire brush wheels that fits in an electric drill. Rust soon comes off.

Is the car still under warranty? If so, you could probably have them replaced, I've had them replaced once, now trying to have them painted :)