Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The National Lottery

MrADeveci

Do you play the lottery?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play the lottery?

• Yes!
    • No!

Well, a work friend of mine just won the lottery ....... (Saturday) and he got £685,000 !

I used to think that it was all a fix, and no one you actually "knew" won it.

It seems that I have now changed my mind, and curious if anyone else plays it ...........

Saying goes ......... "you goto be in it to win it !"

If you chose yes, - also mention how often, and how do you buy your tickets, shop, online, txt - etc ?

Well, a work friend of mine just won the lottery ....... (Saturday) and he got £685,000 !

It seems that I have now changed my mind, and curious if anyone else plays it ...........

If you chose yes, - also mention how often, and how do you buy your tickets, shop, online, txt - etc ?

my mother won a few thousand not long after it started

i dont do it

its against my beliefs

:)

I play it when I remember. As you say, to win it - be in it! Fair play to you're friend, bet he's well chuffed!

Ive won £20 over about 2 years!! :crybaby: Tragic thing is, I still think im going to win every week! :D

Not regulary, occasionally have a Luck Dip

Dont agree with a profit making organisation running, all proceeds (less costs) should go the the "good causes"

My dads got a mini supermarket, and sold a jackpot ticket to a syndicate of 3 and they got around £3.6million...

You get people saying "I'll see you alright if I win hahahaha" - my dad didn't even get a thankyou, and they are regular customers and from the village.

Not that he wanted anything, just would have been a nice gesture if they had.. ;)

Oops forgot to add, we don't play :)

Me and her indoors have £6.00 a week at home, also she plays £2.00 week at wok in syndicate and me £4.00 a week in two syndicates at work,but still hav'nt made a fortune £200 max win. Though a colleague where i was working won 11million on a rollover never came back to work but put a private function on at local hotel all paid for food and drink, but he never came i wonder why? :D

Look! You know the odds are against you. You know the £685,000 beat the odss and you'd have to play for millions of years before you had a reasonable chance of winning as well.

Look! You know the odds are against you. You know the £685,000 beat the odss and you'd have to play for millions of years before you had a reasonable chance of winning as well.

Yeah - but that's the thing about odds - they're only mathematics!

The fact is that even though there are over 14 million combinations, someone pretty much becomes a millionaire every week cos of the lottery and that someone could be you or I, and we both have the same chance of winning as anyone else.

Having said that, I don't play mostly cos I forget to buy a ticket.

I run a syndicate at work with 17 members, £2 per person per draw so 34 lines each Wed and Sat. Been running over a year and have invested £4.7k and returned £1.2k so about a quarter return. But we play for a big win, not to worry about small returns. Have had 77 lines of 3 balls and 6 lines of 4 balls, latest being last night which got us £77.

Yes, odds are against us and maybe there are other ways of investing money but you never know whats round the corner, and somebody has got to win it so who knows, could be me one day!

I do enjoy gambling contrary to alot of the posts here and have a very small dabble on general bets on footie and a couple of horses but only with money I can afford to lose. I also do sounder investments like premium bonds and not so sounder investments like shares!!

But I earn good money so I can afford to flutter a little bit of it on something that may bring a win and I don't have any other vices like smoking, drugs or whatever so thats my enjoyment!!

By the way, I run my syndicate online so easy to manage and replay the same numbers etc.

I buy £1 worth online as & when I remember (which is about once a month - must get my memory fixed!)

Have won a tenner twice and have a mate who won about two grand.

If I won a few mill' I'd buy a DB9 (despite the build quality) but I'd keep the IS and the Soarer - just get them done up a bit.

Still plugging away with my 2 lines each Wed and Sat - been doing them since the start and still think I may win one day - don't smoke etc so it's my only real vice (well apart from modding ...) !